Jury Duty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote beana3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:00pm
I tried to get out of jury duty as well UNTIL i thought about all the black people i could possibly help out(this excludes rapists, murderers, etc). So many of us are arrested for BS. If you jumped a turnstyle, were caught with an open container of alcohol and you're black, or something minor like that, I'm letting you go. I see white people get away with having open containers of alcohol and being visibly drunk ALL the time and ive never seen ONE arrested. 
Sponsored Links

mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

If you have an excuse you will just have to come in and when the judge asks all the eliminating questions and you will probably be eliminated.

But I would call the clerk and get transferred.
Lol don't say you have to work.everybody does

If I call to get transferred do I still have to go? I hate traveling to downtown Chicago in the morning. That's why I left my job in the first place.
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by macyscorner macyscorner wrote:

Just go & try to see if they can change the date for you if you can't stay. You have to have some kind of valid excuse though. Mine has been being student.
Now that I'm no longer a student,& have used up all the chances I had of deferring jury duty, I have to serve in June. Kind of excited about it actually

If I go, I'm taking my baby with me. I have a daycare but no one to care for my own; how ironic. They will kick me out once they get a whiff of this one year old of mines. lmao
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

If you have an excuse you will just have to come in and when the judge asks all the eliminating questions and you will probably be eliminated.

But I would call the clerk and get transferred.
Lol don't say you have to work.everybody does

If I call to get transferred do I still have to go? I hate traveling to downtown Chicago in the morning. That's why I left my job in the first place.

Not if you get transferred but you will probably have another notice in the mail in couple months for a new trial
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by beana3 beana3 wrote:

I tried to get out of jury duty as well UNTIL i thought about all the black people i could possibly help out(this excludes rapists, murderers, etc). So many of us are arrested for BS. If you jumped a turnstyle, were caught with an open container of alcohol and you're black, or something minor like that, I'm letting you go. I see white people get away with having open containers of alcohol and being visibly drunk ALL the time and ive never seen ONE arrested. 

You make it sound so noble.

I still don't wanna go. Confused
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:05pm
I would love to serve jury duty
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:08pm
You just sit there and listen to people right? I have ADD-OCD-ish tendencies; not a good thing for me.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:09pm
I  have enjoyed it the times I served. But my sis said she got out of it recently by saying it would be a financial hardship for her since she'd have to hire someone to cover her cases while she was on duty. They let her go.
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:14pm
Oh yeah, Purp?

I have really gotten a lazy. It's so much more convenient waking up, putting on my jogging pants and my daycare shirt to go to work downstairs in my home. I really don't wanna make this commute. Plus, I'm gonna miss my baby. She hasn't been away from me for a long period of time.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 12:53am
Had jury duty last month.  No one got chosen that day.  We were all happy.  All the cases....I can't remember what it was called but the judges decided the case.  We weren't need.  Halleluyer. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic