Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

“Junk food” banned from schools July 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I doubt kids are getting fat because of what they eat at school.

On another note, a new school hustle just opened up. And suspensions for the war on snacks.

Its gon be like the wire......
Sponsored Links

AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:11pm
A high school me would have been mad as hell at the fat kids. I'm representing our school in sports and can't even get a bag of chips with my pizza. The adult and mommy in me loves this idea.
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurrPoZe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Here's what I don't understand- they want to bad sugar but still want to feed children COW's milk and its by products?

causing people asthma and eczema

Because milk is an industry that's not going anywhere. I think if people actually stopped to think that this species milk was meant for its offspring..just as a woman's breast milk is meant for a baby it would stop.

This is a good start though. Now let's get labels for GMOs
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:31pm
Candy dealers, sweet runners???
The suspentions are coming.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I doubt kids are getting fat because of what they eat at school.

On another note, a new school hustle just opened up. And suspensions for the war on snacks.

I used to do that in HS.LOL   i'd stop at the store on the way to school and pick up whatever they wasn't selling at the Student store and i'd have ethnic treats...chile plums, salted plums, Lucas Limon and chile salts.  Good as sh*t.

We had a dude iin hgh school who carried an extra book bag filled with snacks. He was like a mobile candy man lol. Chips, juice, sodas, Air Heads, etc.

I'm not mad about the OP. It honestly could help. I remember I used to hate white milk as a kid. Then I went to a new elementary school that didn't serve chocolate milk or other goodies.

It was either drink milk, or choke down your lunch with nothing. I actually grew to love milk.

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Candy dealers, sweet runners???
The suspentions are coming.

Only a hater would snitch tho'
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:29am
That's wassup.

Smh @ parents saying their kids would rather not eat then eat something. Yeah let their lil asses get hungry though and tell me what they won't do.

My niece transferred from a public school before the change to a black empowerment school where they only serve holistic foods. Added sugars are banned, you can't even pack a candy bar in your kids lunch. The difference is amazing. The kids are so well behaved, polite, alert, etc. they sleep better at night and are present during the day. It's some other factors but the diet really makes a difference.

It's not just about obesity. A lot of skinny and fat adults have no idea how to be healthy bc nobody ever showed them the tools to be so. Give them the foundation now so that when they have those choices they'll make the best ones.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 12:45am
I agree that it needs to start somewhere but, good eating habits starts at home too.

What good is it gonna do to eat all this healthy food at school then eat all kinds of crap at home...not to mention continued access to fast food restaurants. There IS good in this, but at the same time promote inconsistency.....maybe I'm wrong....I dunno. SleepyDisapprove
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic