Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Julia Roberts Gives Harsh Eulogy at Sister Funeral
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Julia Roberts Gives Harsh Eulogy at Sister Funeral

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Julia Roberts Gives Harsh Eulogy at Sister Funeral
    Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:34pm

Julia Roberts gives ‘harsh’ eulogy at half-sister’s memorial

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/70492-julia-roberts-half-sister-nancy-motes-loved-her-family-fiance-says-after-her-dea/1392335156_julia-roberts-nancy-motes-467.jpg

Julia Roberts may have struggled to come to grips with half-sister Nancy Motes‘ suicide, but that didn’t stop her from delivering a “harsh” eulogy at her memorial.

The Oscar winner, 46, allegedly shocked those in attendance when she laid into her estranged younger sibling during the May 3 service, reports The National Enquirer (via Radar).

“She said that after hearing everyone, she felt [ripped off] and pissed!” a source told the tabloid.

“Julia added that Nancy’s … gone and not coming back,” the source added. “Julia said that, as her sister, she just wanted to ‘wring’ her neck because she didn’t wait to see the joy that comes with the morning.”

As shocked as the crowd may have been at the “Pretty Woman” star’s condemnation of her sister, what came next was even more bizarre: The actress reportedly said she was proud of what her sister had done.

According to the tabloid’s source, Roberts said that “her sister took control and ended her pain when she had no other tools to cope with it … She said that she admired that she had the strength to do what she did, to end her pain.”

Motes was found dead of an apparent drug overdose on Feb. 9.

In the weeks before her suicide, Roberts’ half-sister lashed out at the actress on Twitter, calling her “cruel” and “a bitch.” The half-sisters shared a tumultuous relationship — with Roberts accusing Motes of dishing to the press — but that hasn’t made the news of her death any easier to accept.

“It’s just heartbreak,” she told WSJ magazine in an interview that ran last month. “It’s only been 20 days. There aren’t words to explain what any of us have been through in these last 20 days. It’s hour by hour some days, but you just keep looking ahead.”

=======================

Julia Roberts’ half-sister Nancy Motes left five-page suicide letter detailing her tortured relationship with Oscar-winning actress: source

-ALLCOUNTRY Beetham/Campos/Splash News Three pages of Nancy Motes’ suicide letter focused on Julia Roberts, sources said.

Julia Roberts’ late half-sister left a suicide note citing her tortured relationship with the Oscar winner, a source close to the investigation told the Daily News Tuesday.

"It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it," the source told The News.

"There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck)," the source said.

Dilbeck found the body of Nancy Motes, 37, about 2 p.m. Sunday in a bathtub filled with water at a Los Angeles home, the source said.

Motes had been pet-sitting for a client who rented the home. She may have been dead for about 12 hours before her body was found, the source said.

“It looks like a pill overdose," the source said.

Motes, a Georgia native, was the daughter of Roberts' mother, Betty Lou, and stepfather, Michael Motes.

She had a falling out with Roberts, 46, after giving a tell-all interview last summer and accusing the “Pretty Woman” actress of blocking her access to their sick mother, the source said.

In the days leading up to Motes' death, she sounded emotionally unstable in posts on her Twitter account.

"So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B----!!'" she tweeted on Jan. 20, referring to Roberts' star turn in the 2001 rom-com “America's Sweethearts.”

“Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She's not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F---ed with me?" she added in a subsequent missive.

"(M)y own family has abandoned me," Motes tweeted Jan. 22.

The News confirmed the @Dabbs76 Twitter handle belonged to Motes before her death. The angry tweets were still visible late Monday but had disappeared by early Tuesday.

Motes long struggled with being overweight and living in her movie star sister's shadow.

In August, Motes gave an interview claiming Roberts criticized her appearance as a teen.

"When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight," Motes said at the time.

"It just makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," added Motes, who once weighed nearly 300 pounds before her decision to undergo gastric bypass surgery in June 2010.

She said she hoped her transformation would help repair their fractured relationship, but she noted it was still "a work in progress."

"It's not going to be fixed overnight, nor do I think it's going to be fixed at this point by me just getting skinny," she said.

Craig Harvey, chief of coroner investigations for Los Angeles County, told The News that Motes "was found in a bathtub that contained water. There were prescription and nonprescription drugs found at the scene. The role the drugs may or may not have played is not yet known."

An autopsy was completed as of Tuesday morning, but the cause of death was deferred pending additional toxicology tests, coroner spokesman Ed Winter said.

Sponsored Links

Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:41pm
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:42pm
Even though I don't condone suicides, I wish MORE eulogies were more honest. Might inspire people to live a better life and not have people to lie at their funerals, just sayin.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:43pm
Az, I thought about that too. People  say that everybody lies at the funeral.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:45pm
fun fact I just learned on Wikipedia...coretta Scott king paid the hospital bill for Julia Roberts to be born.  How random.

I wish suicide notes were always epic...it seems too unfinished to commit suicide without detailing what was going through your mind.

Edited by ms_wonderland - May 09 2014 at 7:03pm
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:46pm
funerals aren't for the dead.

lying at a funeral is to make THAT person feel better for their wrongs. 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - May 09 2014 at 6:47pm
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:46pm
No not everybody tell lies or fabricate things at funerals. Been to few where the truth was told. The good and he bad.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:46pm
It sounds as if she was very disturbed and jealous. Also f*ck her for killing herself in someone else's home. That's rude as f*ck.
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:56pm
I'm glad she was honest about how she felt, as long as she wasn't being disrespectful. If they didn't have a good relationship, I don't see why she had to act like they did. Going against the grain like that at a funeral is a courageous thing to do ...'cuz most people go there and pretend.
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 7:02pm
It sound like mental illness may run in the family.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic