Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJuicy Lace Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Hair ViVi

Author
Laformosa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 7:54pm
I did. I took the plunge and ordered from them. Actually, I ordered from them before I saw this post. Glad I did b/c I probably would have backed out. I ordered the kinky straight and I have to say this is one of the most natural units I have had. I used paypal and yes they are legit. I absolutely never post but I had such a great experience that I decided to do so today. Take the plunge, you won't regret it.
Sponsored Links

MsPlayGurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 8:29pm
Uh oh, do I forsee another bandwagon happening?

I honestly dont find them to be all that cheap.
Laformosa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 9:16pm
I was reporting on the quality of the hair but now that you mention price, I paid $211 including shipping for a 14 inch unit (although when it came it was actually 18 inch). You can decide if that is cheap or not. Again, I was reporting on the quality. 
Goodyearwriter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2010 at 5:43pm
Not impressed. The pictures are reused toDead

Edited by Goodyearwriter - Dec 06 2010 at 5:44pm
Laformosa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 2:57pm
I am soooo late and so sorry to those of you who inboxed me and asked me to post pics. I'm like a year lateLOL. Anyway, I still order from juicylacewigs at gmail through Bill King. I have never tried any other texture but kinky so I can't answer for other textures. The reason I order my hair so kinky is so I can flat iron the ends and leave the roots kinky for a more natural look. Also, I prefer juicylacewigs because they have a more natural hairline instead of the moon shape hairline you see on some girls. Always request a widows peak. Even if you don't have one, ask for a wide widows peak. It just makes it look more natural. The wig is a bit thick and werewolf-like when you first get it but don't be afraid, just take your time and flat iron it until it is your preferred flatness. It will shed overtime and eventually you won't have to flat iron as much. In other words, the density gets better over time. I wouldn't order a thinner density right away because thicker will last you longer. Just means you have to flat iron more at first. These pics are a 1 day old install after a flat iron and tie down (you can see my scarf imprint on my forehead). I usually wait a day to give my glue time to really dry before I start pulling on it. None of my real hair is out. I did have to trim the baby hair a bit b/c it was too long for my taste. Feel free to ask me any questions. Again, my apologies for the LLAAATTTEEEEE response.   

darknlovely_lad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 3:26pm
Thanks for the updated post and pics, Laformosa. I just e-mailed Bill yesterday and planned to order a KS from him.  I like the kinky texture as well.  Would you mind sharing your app process, please?
Laformosa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 4:16pm

Sure,

1.    I spray 90% alcohol on my skin and on the lace.

2.    I then apply liquid Band-Aid. I prefer this over the skin protectant just b/c it’s slightly thicker and I never get glue burns.

3.    I apply one layer of UltraHold to my skin in the shape of my hairline or the hairline I want to achieve.

4.    While waiting for the glue to dry I apply thinly sliced tape to my lace. Thick tape is just too noticeable. I cut one piece into 3 thin slices –except in the back where I cut them into 2 slices b/c I perspire a lot in the back and need extra hold.

5.    Then I apply the lace to my skin (very lightly) starting from the widows peak and then to the temples. An important trick I use is to stretch the lace while applying it by pulling it apart while laying it on my head at the same time. I hope this makes sense. By doing this you are opening the lace pattern and it doesn’t look so lace-like when applied. Be careful not to rip your lace.

6.    Then I use a comb to press the lace down while combing the baby hair forward.

7.    Lastly, I’m old fashioned. I just apply a really good press powder to areas that need it using a q-tip –dabbing very little at a time.

8.    Then I comb the roots forward, brush the ends back –and tie it down like this. This way the hair stands up from the root and isn’t glued flat to the skin.

9.    The next day any baby hair that is glued down I use the comb to comb out and stand it up so it looks like it’s coming out of the scalp.

I usually flat iron all the roots except for the perimeter and my parts. That way it’s not too thick all around.

That’s pretty much it. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. 

webbgurl2000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 6:56pm
^?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 7:46pm
Thank you for sharing app process.  Much appreciated!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 7:52pm
Oh, one other question.  Did you order a #1?  If so, what did you use to bleach the knots?   I am thinking of purchase a #2 and dying it black because I can get the knots to bleach.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic