Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Juicing...Anyone like to join me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 5:08pm
All those juices sound yummy...

But I'm really limiting my fruit intake due to the sugars since I'm trying to lose weight.
So for now, my fruit limits are lemons, apples, and grapefruit.

Today, I made the mean green juice:

10 Kales Leaves
Half bag of Spinach
4 Granny Smith Apples
2 Cucumbers
6 Celery Stalks
3 Lemons
2 Grapefruits (added them just to give it more "juice" so I could have enough to last all day)

That made roughly around 50ozs of juice...

Sponsored Links

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2012 at 1:07pm
^^^ Girl, that mean green is so good!  My recipe is just like yours, accept I added a medium slice of pineapple and ginger.  I'm going to try the grapefruit on the next pitcher.  I love grapefruit.  I've been limiting my fruit intake as well and only using apples, pears, lemons, but I do add a small amount of pineapple.  I bought 2 full pineapples from Costco so I have to use it.  My hubby wants me to go get the Ninja so he could make his protein smoothies so he will probably use the rest of the pineapple.  One of my friends sent me a recipe list.  I'll post on here soon as I get a chance. 

Edited by Quiann00 - Aug 18 2012 at 1:08pm
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2012 at 6:13pm
^^^  Pineapples are my absolute favorite fruit - hands down. In a couple of weeks, I will start adding pineapples and see how that impacts me. It probably won't hurt much as long as I don't overdo it.

I love grapefruit too... don't understand why a lot of people hate them. 

I have never had ginger before, but for some reason, it sounds like I won't like it. LOL
But I'm gonna pick up some tomorrow and try it out since it's so good for you.

I'm going to this farmer's market tomorrow that I just found out about in  my area... they are supposedly THE BEST produce ever and at great prices. The Whole Foods that I go to has been so disappointing to me lately with their produce... seems like the quality has gone down a lot.

Looking forward to your recipe list sounds good... I also have a big list of recipes I plan to try... will be posting some here as well.

I joined an online juicing community that is very active with both "experienced" and "newbie" juicers. They share a LOT of good info there. So I'll be posting some the tips that I think you all may find useful as well...

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

^^^ Girl, that mean green is so good!  My recipe is just like yours, accept I added a medium slice of pineapple and ginger.  I'm going to try the grapefruit on the next pitcher.  I love grapefruit.  I've been limiting my fruit intake as well and only using apples, pears, lemons, but I do add a small amount of pineapple.  I bought 2 full pineapples from Costco so I have to use it.  My hubby wants me to go get the Ninja so he could make his protein smoothies so he will probably use the rest of the pineapple.  One of my friends sent me a recipe list.  I'll post on here soon as I get a chance. 
Ms. Jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 1:25am
Hey I'll join!

I'm on day 4 of my juice fast.
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 11:32am
ill join as well.. i bought this nice breville die cast juicer & I havent used it in several months. Ill start tomorrow. one of my faves was kale, spinach, brocolli, apsaragus, parsley apple, kiwi & ginger with a little pinapple.  
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 7:13am
Great ladies! please join us!

I've been drinking that mean green for several days (about 2L a day)....I'm constipatedConfused
Lawd.......

I love Kale and Spinach! I ran out of if a couple of days ago and didn't juice that whole day.

Ms. Jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 8:00am
So far I've lost 7 lbs and it's only been 5 days! I was 120lbs, now i'm 113lbs. (sigh) I really don't want to lose too much weight. But hey, if its for my body's benefit then fine. I figure a bit of it is water weight.

I wonder what i'll look like at the end of 30 days. LOL. A bobble head doll as my friend said.

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 9:56pm
I blended spinach, kale, red grapes and blueberries with a little water. It wasn't that sweet so i added a little cranberry juice (yeah i know lol) I used my nutribullet and it was great! I made 5 spaghetti jars full, since i made smoothies, it will fill me up like a meal. i need the fiber anyway which is why i chose to blend vs. juice. 

Edited by IslandSuga - Aug 26 2012 at 10:01pm
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:21am
I have a list of recipes but my scanner is down so I'll just copy and past it here.  So far, I've only made the mean green, orange sunrise and the red-iculous.  The only thing I would recommend for the Orange Sunrise is that it's made in a Ninja or blender because of the very soft fruits like peaches and oranges.  You may have to juice the carrots and add it to the mix.  Also, unless you like the strong bitterness of grapefruit, use half of a grapefruit.  I love grapefruit but I think a whole fruit overpowered the drink.  It was still delicious.

I measure everything by the eye.

Mean Green:

Celery

Spinach

Kale

Green Apples

Parsley

Lemons

Ginger

Cucumber

Summer Cooler:

Cucumbers

Lemons

Green Apples

Celery

Orange Sunrise:

Peaches

Grapefruit

Oranges

Lemons

Ginger

Carrots

G-Snap:

Carrots

Oranges

Ginger

Sweet Potato

Super Spinach:

Heavy spinach

Parsley

Apples

Pears

Cucumber

Lemons

Ginger

Ginger/Lemon Cleanse:

Ginger

Lemon

Carrots

Apple

Kale Lemonade:

Ginger

Kale

Lemons

Apple

Red-iculous :

Beets

Carrots

Apples

Cucumber

Ginger

Drink 24oz 3 times a day, adding 1-2 other 16-24 ounces if you’re exercising. Also drink a lot of water preferably with lemon, and you can add coconut water. If you must eat…only eat protein bars or add protein power to your juice.

Spicy Tomato Juice:

3 ripe tomatoes

1/2 red pepper

1 stalk celery

1 apple

1 T nutritional yeast (optional)

1/2 t. onion powder

1/2 T. garlic powder

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

pinch ground black pepper

3 drops Tabasco (optional)

Stomach Cleanser:

Grapes

Strawberries

Apples

Fresh Mint

Blueberries

Morning Recovery:

Grapefruit

Pears

Apples

Lemons

Ginger

Sweet Green Surprise:

Oranges

Celery

Ginger

Sweet potato

Carrot Lemonade:

Carrots

Lemons

Ginger

Minty-licious:

Celery

Apple

Lime

Mint

Spinach

Red Velvet:

Carrots

Green Apples

Orange

Beet

Pucker Up:

Green Grapes

Green  Apple

Kiwi

Lemons

Ginger

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2012 at 11:11am
^^Those recipes sound yummy!

I had a carrot/plum juice this morning. I juiced 2 large carrots and a plum. Then I stirred in some coconut oil. It was delicious!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>