Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Juicing...Anyone like to join me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 2:26pm
What was the concoction?

There are a lot of things I've read you can do with the pulp, like make crackers, breads etc., but I had no interest in doing it so I kept pushing past that info LOL  I'll find something and post it here for you.
Eating it does sound good - sometimes - depending on what you juice - that pulp looks so nice and refreshing...

Your son will probably like it - most kids seem pleasantly surprised by how good it tastes.

I think the juice may provide enough nutrients depending on how much you're drinking each day, but I am not an expert... I plan to take my CKLS pills, multi vitamins and fish oil pills while doing the fast.

What additional supplements did you have in mind?

Well... I had my mean green juice this morning... but for lunch, I had some nachos Confused
(this is SO embarrassing, but we're here to keep each other in check so I'm ready... LOL)
At least I had the juice, so that's good. I guess I'm "easing" my way into the fast...

But seriously, 3rd times the charm... tomorrow, NO FOOD.

How's everyone else doing?

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

I made a concoction tonight that was pretty good!  But are there any ideas on what I can do with the pulp?  I don't want to waste it.  Hell, I kinda want to eat it, lol
I'm going to also give my son some of the juice.  It's so hard for me to get him to eat anything other than chicken nuggets and french toast sticks.

For exercising, should I take another supplement or will the nutrients from the juice produce enough energy?
Sponsored Links

misscapri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscapri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 4:26pm
I should be getting my Jack Lalanne power juicer today. I'm in!
misscapri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscapri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 4:27pm
No more nachos!!!!!!!!!!!
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 4:53pm
MsBianca, don't feel bad.

All I've had was my juice today, but I think I'm going to restructure this fast to wear I'm eating something, some nuts, berries, fish, smh...I guess it's really not a fast.

But as long as the juice is being consumed, I think we should be good. 
My husband said the same thing about going cold turkey.  He said it's best to ease into it for better results.  I don't know, I might eat some rice or something.  I've already drank 30oz, about to start on 30 more.

Misscapri, that avi just gave me another breath of motivationSmile
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 4:55pm
Oh, the concoction was
3 gala apples
2 granny smith ables
2 stalks of Celery
1/2 of a big cucumber
slice of pineapple
about 3 carrots.

The carrots turns the juice a orange color. 
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 8:45pm
Welcome, Misscapri! The more the merrier.

LOLEmbarrassed ok... no more nachos...

Originally posted by misscapri misscapri wrote:

No more nachos!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by misscapri misscapri wrote:

I should be getting my Jack Lalanne power juicer today. I'm in!

MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2012 at 8:50pm
Yes, that Avi speaks volumes to me...

I'm ready to end my "crazy relationship" with food
and let my digestive system relax. I need to drop a
lot of weight and I think this will help.

That's one reason I want to do the juice... so my system
can relax, cleanse, and reset itself.

So I gotta get some freekin will power... SMH

But you are right... as long as we are consuming the juice,
we are still getting the benefits.

We'll see how tomorrow goes!

MsBianca, don't feel bad.

All I've had was my juice today, but I think I'm going to restructure this fast to wear I'm eating something, some nuts, berries, fish, smh...I guess it's really not a fast.

But as long as the juice is being consumed, I think we should be good. 
My husband said the same thing about going cold turkey.  He said it's best to ease into it for better results.  I don't know, I might eat some rice or something.  I've already drank 30oz, about to start on 30 more.

Misscapri, that avi just gave me another breath of motivationSmile
misscapri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscapri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 8:53am
I made spinach, watermelon and cucumber juice last night. I chigged it down...it tasted kinda dirty to me. I'd prob add an apple the next time I juice with a cucumber.

This morning I'm having watermelon, peach and spinach. Much better. :)

misscapri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscapri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 9:11am

Oh, the concoction was
3 gala apples
2 granny smith ables
2 stalks of Celery
1/2 of a big cucumber
slice of pineapple
about 3 carrots.

The carrots turns the juice a orange color. 

This sounds pretty daggone yummy
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 12:05pm
Okay, so I made some juice last night, which I'm drinking now.  This is what I added:

A handful of kale greens
3 Gala Apples, 1 Granny Smith and 1 Pear
Half a cucumber
4 celery stalks
a Thumb size of Ginger
A slice of Pineapple
Half a lemon

It's pretty good! I think the acid in the Pineapple and Lemon cut down on the sweetness of the cucumber.  The cucumber is sweet but it leaves an antagonizing after taste to me...
Just a small amount of ginger is needed cause you can definitely taste it!

My son drank this juice down! I am so excited that I can make him healthy juice.  It's been a struggle trying to get this baby to eat vegetables.  If it ain't a chicken nugget, he's not interested.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic