Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Juicer Concoctions / Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juicer Concoctions / Recipes
    Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:08pm
I almost asked for 'someone to make a thread'LOL but I figured what the heck--

Post  your favorite juicer concoctions/recipes?

thanks.

Sponsored Links

Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:12pm
My favorite is apples with carrots and lemon.

I love carrot juice Heart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:13pm
oh, forgot to post one.

I like this mix

strawberries
peaches
grapes
carrots
lime
ginger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

My favorite is apples with carrots and lemon.

I love carrot juice Heart

Agree!
I put carrots in most of my blends. It seems to make everything better
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:14pm
11 / 30

In My Kitchen This Week: Cashew Milk Recipe (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Posted by: Nikisha
Collage600

*All pictures taken by me :) . I got inspired to make this  Cashew Milk recipe from scratch after coming across a bottle of Cashew Milk made by a company called Blue Print . Although this company provides a variety of juices for cleansing, you are also able to drink it as a supplement to your current diet. Now I don’t know much about their juice cleanse but I decided it would be great to add it to my current diet!  This recipe is  yummy delicious! It’s a great replacement for individuals who are unable to drink milk, and want an alternative to soy or other milk options. Cashew Milk has many benefits. It’s dairy and gluten free. It’s loaded with B vitamins including niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, and B6. It’s also an excellent source of protein, copper, magnesium, and zinc!

*Check out how I whipped up my Cashew Milk  in the pictures below:

IMG_0688_500_BF

Cashew Milk Ingredients
Yields 3 to 3 1/2 cups
1 cup raw cashews
3 cups water
1 to 2 tablespoons agave (or honey)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Small pinch of sea salt

IMG_0709

Kitchen Tools:

Fine mesh strainer (from Bed Bath & Beyond)
Cheese cloth (from Bed Bath & Beyond)
Food processor or Vitamix ( I used my Cuisinart food processor)

IMG_0699_500cups

Directions:
Place the cashews in a bowl and fill with water to cover.  Let soak for 8 hours, or overnight.  Do not leave for longer than 12 hours or the cashews may start to ferment.

Drain the cashews and place in the bowl of a food processor*.  Add the 3 cups of water, the agave, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.  Pulse a couple times and then let the processor run for at least five minutes.  The mixture will appear creamy and white and there will be no large pieces of cashew left when it is finished.

Set a fine mesh strainers lined with a layer of cheesecloth over a bowl and strain the cashew milk.  Once all the liquid has drained into the bowl, lift the cheesecloth out of the strainer with the solids, and press and squeeze the cashew pulp until it won’t give up any more liquid.

Serve chilled.  Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

*If you have a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, feel free to use that instead.  You may not even need to strain the milk, but check the texture after blending to be sure.

IMG_0701_500yummy

http://urbanbushbabes.com/2012/11/in-my-kitchen-this-week-cashew-milk-recipe-gluten-free-vegan/

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:15pm
Femme, I am so making this tomorrow. I have a huge can of cashews that I've been trying to use up. Even fed some to the squirrels. If I like this though, they're cut off! lol

Edited by PurpleHaze - Dec 26 2012 at 8:16pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:16pm
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:17pm
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Green Veggie Juice.

lifeisbetterraw:

I can’t wait to get the Greenpower Juicer 1304 so I can finally juice sprouts too. But until then our trusty Jack Lalane Juicer will have to do.

• 1 Cucumber 
  • 3-4 stalks of Celery
  • 1 head of baby Romaine lettuce 

it will give you about 2 cups worth of delicious and nutritious green veggie juice.

I try and have at least one of these a day.

the leftovers. I’m sure it will be even less than that when using a twin gear juicer like the Greenpower Juicer 1304.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:18pm
ive never tried any of these, but i bookmarked them for the day i got a juicer lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:19pm
Recipe 1. my fav so far:

2 Carrots

Ginger root

Bunch of kale

1 or 2 granny smith apples

Recipe 2. :

Bunch of kale

2 Granny smith apples

Ginger root

1/2 Lemon

4 Celery stalks

1 Cucumber