BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jourdan Dunn new face of Maybelline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jourdan Dunn new face of Maybelline
    Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:05am

Jourdan Dunn joins the Maybelline model family: 23-year-old Brit is latest face of cosmetics giant

• Model, 23, unveiled as face of Maybelline New York
  • Joins Christy Turlington, Emily DiDonato and Mollie King
  • Has just returned from partying in Coachella

By Bianca London

Published: 08:35, 23 April 2014 | Updated: 08:50, 23 April 2014

In between partying at Coachella with BFF Cara Delevingne and caring for her four-year-old son, Riley, British model Jourdan Dunn has managed to squeeze in a high-end beauty campaign, too.

The six foot clothes horse, who has been dubbed the modern-day Naomi Campbell, has been unveiled as the new face of Maybelline New York.

Jourdan will be joining an elite group of Maybelline models, which includes Christy Turlington, Adriana Lima, Erin Wasson, Emily DiDonato and Mollie King, who was recently announced as the face of the brand's latest foundation.

Maybe she was born with it! Jourdan Dunn has added beauty modelling to her CV as the new face of Maybelline New York

< id="share--" value="" ="text">

Copy link to paste in your message

+7

Maybe she was born with it! Jourdan Dunn has added beauty modelling to her CV as the new face of Maybelline New York

'Jourdan’s look, style and positive energy are perfect for the brand,' said a spokesperson. 'She truly reflects Maybelline’s vision of global beauty.'

Jourdan, 23, who was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends at Primark and made her runway debut during the 2007 Fall New York Fashion Week, said of her new signing: 'It is an honor to be a spokesperson for such an iconic brand.

'I am proud to say that I am a Maybelline girl and hopefully I can make people feel the same way I did when I saw the advertisements growing up. The brand imagery is always beautiful and positive. To now be a part of that is a dream come true!'.

As a British Vogue regular, who has worked for the likes of DKNY and Burberry, Jourdan was on the road to success very early in her career.

Behind the scenes: A spokesperson for the brand said that 23-year-old Jourdans look, style and positive energy are perfect for them

+7

Behind the scenes: A spokesperson for the brand said that 23-year-old Jourdan's look, style and positive energy are perfect for them

She works hard...and plays hard! Jourdan was recently partying at Coachella and got straight back to work this week shooting for her upcoming fashion campaigns
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

She works hard...and plays hard! Jourdan was recently partying at Coachella and got straight back to work this week shooting for her upcoming fashion campaigns

Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan opened up about her insecurities growing up: 'I was very tall and lanky and I wasn't really feeling myself when I was growing up at all.

'Especially because, coming from a Caribbean background, curves are celebrated and me being really tall and skinny wouldn't [be]. So I was like... didn't want to go out or be seen or anything.'

She even admitted to running up 'crazy' phone bills when she first moved to New York for work aged 16, because she missed her family so much: 'Every minute I was on the phone to my mum crying, complaining, more crying and more complaining.'

Best friends: Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan, pictured with close friend and fellow model Cara Delevingne, opened up about her insecurities growing up
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Best friends: Speaking at the Vogue Festival last month, Jourdan, pictured with close friend and fellow model Cara Delevingne, opened up about her insecurities growing up

When she is not modeling, Jourdan is a proud mother to her son Riley, who was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. 

This has led to Jourdan’s active involvement as the Parent Ambassador for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America.

In addition to being a mother and philanthropist, Jourdan is a self-taught cook and hosts a lifestyle and cooking program titled 'Well Dunn with Jourdan Dunn.'

Stellar career: Jourdan was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends and has since walked for Topshop Unique (left) and Victorias Secret (right)
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7
Jourdan Dunn walks the runway at the 2013 Victorias Secret Fashion Show at Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Stellar career: Jourdan was first discovered by a model scout while out with friends and has since walked for Topshop Unique (left) and Victoria's Secret (right)

Dressed to impress: Mollie King showcased her incredible figure in form-fitting double denim as she posed up a storm in a positively flawless shoot for Maybelline cosmetics
  • SHARE PICTURE

+7

Join the club: Mollie King showcased her incredible figure in form-fitting double denim as she posed up a storm in a positively flawless shoot for Maybelline cosmetics when she was announced as an ambassador earlier this year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2610466/Jourdan-Dunn-joins-Maybelline-model-family-23-year-old-Brit-latest-face-cosmetics-giant.html#ixzz2zhqxxK3l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:51am
The pic with her wearing the black and white shorts......
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:36am
She's only 23? congrats to her
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:47am
Cool
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:52am
If only we could all snap back so well after giving birth
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:58am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:04am
Not surprised.. Jourdan's resume is great and she's lovely
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:22am
Clap
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:26am
Clap
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:24am
Congrats to her! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>