BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Jordan Davis Next "SYG" Trial, 1 BLK JUROR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:03pm
I couldn't follow this case....still hurt over Treyvon so was this scum bag found guilty?
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

I couldn't follow this case....still hurt over Treyvon so was this scum bag found guilty?

Read the last page, that's sums it up.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:49pm
tariq nasheed disussing the dunn trial

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-tariq-elite-show
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:12am
Unbelievable

'I Was the Victim,' Says Loud Music Trial Shooter in Jailhouse Phone Call

Feb. 17, 2014
PHOTO: Michael Dunn smiles at his parents during a break in his trial in Jacksonville, Fla. Feb. 12, 2014.

Prosecutors released audio today of several jailhouse calls placed by Michael Dunn -- the man at the center of another controversial Florida trial -- shedding new light on his mindset in the initial days after he fatally shot 17-year-old Jordan Davis over a confrontation over loud music.

“I’m the [expletive deleted] victim here. I was the one who was victimized,” says Dunn, 47, in one of the calls in which he appeared to chuckle while speaking about his predicament. “I’m the victor but I was the victim too.”

In a separate call with his fiancé Rhonda Rouer, Dunn makes the connection between his situation and scenarios where police officers doubt rape victims.

“I was the one that was being preyed upon and I fought back. It’s not quite the same but it made me think of like the old TV shows and movies where like how the police used to think when a chick got raped going, 'Oh, it’s her fault because of the way she dressed.' I'm like, 'So it’s my fault (laughing) because I asked them to turn their music down. I got attacked and I fought back because I didn’t want to be a victim and now I'm in trouble. I refused to be a victim and now I'm incarcerated.”

Prosecutors accused Dunn of killing Davis in a convenience store parking lot after they got into an argument over loud music. Jurors found Dunn guilty on four of five charges for shooting at Davis’ friends, who were also in the car, as well as firing a gun into a car in the 2012 incident. However, jurors could not agree on the first-degree murder charge for shooting Davis, prompting a mistrial on that count.

The recordings mirror statements Dunn made in trial in which he stated that he believed his life was in danger, thus leaving him little choice but to shoot. The case has once again rekindled anger in some circles about self-defense laws, in particular “stand your ground,” despite it never being invoked during the trial.

Dunn testified that after he asked Davis to turn down the music blaring from the teen's car, a confrontation ensued and that Davis approached the middle-aged software developer. Dunn said he believed Davis had a weapon, leaving him little choice but to defend himself. However, a gun was never recovered at the scene.

In one of the nine calls released today, Dunn reads a letter that he planned on sending to the judge presiding over his case in an effort to make bail. Repeatedly both he and his fiancé say that the legal system is stacked against them, however Dunn says the law is on his side.

“I'm super confident if they take this to trial it will be a short deliberation,” said Dunn.

Dunn who placed the calls while in isolation also made repeated efforts to distance himself from fellow inmates, “Being in a room by myself really sucks, but better than being in a room with them animals.”

He will spend at least 60 years behind bars for the attempted murder charges. Prosecutors have indicated that they plan to retry Dunn on the first-degree murder charge.

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:01am
Dunn who placed the calls while in isolation also made repeated efforts to distance himself from fellow inmates, “Being in a room by myself really sucks, but better than being in a room with them animals.”........

There are going to be a lot of "animals" in prison.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:55am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

CryCryCryCryCry I was okay until I saw this.  It says sooooooooooo much about this country. 
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:12am
the first juror to speak out explained how they reached their verdicts and the mistrial

Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 12:24pm
So THREE PEOPLE thought it was self defense? Thank god those others refused to budge.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 1:21pm
Val

White men have been killing both Black men and women since we were dragged aboard the first ship to set sail from West Africa to South Carolina. And, for the most part, they've done it with impunity. This is what we all know but somewhere during the last 30 years or so seem to have tried to forget.

I think the generation of Black folks who came of age just after the Civil Rights Movement have done us a gross disservice. They were so busy trying to assimilate. Busy trying to climb the corporate ladder. Busy trying to live next door to White folks. Busy trying to prove their worth. So busy in fact that they forgot to fight the system rather than to be apart of the one that already existed.

The result is that no real systematic changes have been made to the power structures that nourish and keep the doctrine of White Supremacy alive and well.

So, here we are well into the new millennium and it in many ways looks like the a rerun of the previous 100 years. Segregation is in full effect both in housing and in education. Black folks are still the victims of economic terrorism at the hands of both government and the private sector. And, White men continue to kill Black folks with impunity. If not them then their agents in the form of police.

Structural changes must be made. Otherwise our children's children will be having these same conversations. And I fear that the only way for those changes to take place is for us to give as good as we've gotten. The NRA says own guns. We should own guns. And when a White man confronts us, we take that gun and pull the trigger.

Sure some will be sacrificed into the justice system. But, after a point White folks will get tired of getting shot down like dogs in the street and will demand reform. They will demand laws be changes to stop the carnage. They will choose life.

There will never be a peaceful solution. No one has ever removed their boot from a neck because they were politely asked. The longer we keep looking for a bloodless solution, the longer we will be having this conversation.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Val

White men have been killing both Black men and women since we were dragged aboard the first ship to set sail from West Africa to South Carolina. And, for the most part, they've done it with impunity. This is what we all know but somewhere during the last 30 years or so seem to have tried to forget.

I think the generation of Black folks who came of age just after the Civil Rights Movement have done us a gross disservice. They were so busy trying to assimilate. Busy trying to climb the corporate ladder. Busy trying to live next door to White folks. Busy trying to prove their worth. So busy in fact that they forgot to fight the system rather than to be apart of the one that already existed.

The result is that no real systematic changes have been made to the power structures that nourish and keep the doctrine of White Supremacy alive and well.

So, here we are well into the new millennium and it in many ways looks like the a rerun of the previous 100 years. Segregation is in full effect both in housing and in education. Black folks are still the victims of economic terrorism at the hands of both government and the private sector. And, White men continue to kill Black folks with impunity. If not them then their agents in the form of police.

Structural changes must be made. Otherwise our children's children will be having these same conversations. And I fear that the only way for those changes to take place is for us to give as good as we've gotten. The NRA says own guns. We should own guns. And when a White man confronts us, we take that gun and pull the trigger.

Sure some will be sacrificed into the justice system. But, after a point White folks will get tired of getting shot down like dogs in the street and will demand reform. They will demand laws be changes to stop the carnage. They will choose life.

There will never be a peaceful solution. No one has ever removed their boot from a neck because they were politely asked. The longer we keep looking for a bloodless solution, the longer we will be having this conversation.

yeah can't say I don't agree
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style