Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jordan Davis Next SYG Trial, 1 BLK JUROR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:26pm
Clap
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:28pm
Confused
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:29pm
SMH

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:29pm
wait, he wasn't convicted of murder? Wtf I need to catch up
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:39pm
Jesse Williams on Jane Velez-Mitchell yesterday

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:50pm
damn wtf? saw the guilty headline on the tv after being on a plane all day and got excited prematurely. wow. will try to wrap my brain around this later
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:58pm
I believe Angela Corey is purposely throwing this cases on purpose

She seemed relieved when Zimmerman got off. I believe she's deeply racist
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:26am
[QUOTE=Alias_Avi] I believe Angela Corey is purposely throwing this cases on purpose

She seemed relieved when Zimmerman got off. I believe she's deeply racist
[/QUOTE

Yea. This is the same vibe I get from her as well. Like she's more concerned about her "image", and not trying to burn bridges with the white folk. She pretends to have sympathy, but behind closed doors she gives zero f_cks! Florida is the new Mississippi

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:06am
Just SMH.. I had followed this but wasn't getting myself too excited for justice for Jordan, especially after Trayvon didn't get his justice. I'm not understanding what was really so hard about the murder conviction. If he felt in danger, he should have left. He chose to fire into the vehicle and then left and went back and ate pizza and never called 911. Seems like malicious intent to me.. Seems like 1st degree murder. Seems like he done exactly what he wanted to do.

So since they plan to do another trial for 1st degree murder, what will make it so much easier to determine which one to charge him with this time? Since it was so hard to determine this time? I'm sorry but nothing about this case screams self defense to the point where these ppl found it difficult to determine.

But I'm kinda ok about the other charges. That means the old bastard will rot there.

I guess these sad wastes of human beings we call white ppl really do think its a crime to breathe the same air as they do and be black in America.

I'm so tired of us having to fight much harder for justice for our people and get no or half assed justice, meanwhile all these crackers have to do is shed their precious white tears and ppl get thrown under the jail to rot.

I can't.............
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:25am
You should all be reading Ta-Nehisi Coates

On the Killing of Jordan Davis by Michael Dunn

TA-NEHISI COATES
More

I wish I had something more to say about the fact that Michael Dunn was not convicted for killing a black boy. Except I said it after George Zimmerman was not convicted of killing a black boy. Except the parents of black boys already know this. Except the parents of black boys have long said this, and they have been answered with mockery.

Jordan Davis had a mother and a father. It did not save him. Trayvon Martin had a mother and a father. They could not save him. My son has a father and mother. We cannot protect him from our country, which is our aegis and our assailant. We cannot protect our children because racism in America is not merely a belief system but a heritage, and the inability of black parents to protect their children is an ancient tradition. 

Henry "Box" Brown, whose family was destroyed and whose children were trafficked, knew:

I stationed myself by the side of the road, along which the slaves, amounting to three hundred and fifty, were to pass. The purchaser of my wife was a Methodist minister, who was about starting for North Carolina. Pretty soon five wagon-loads of little children passed, and looking at the foremost one, what should I see but a little child, pointing its tiny hand towards me,  exclaiming, "There's my father; I knew he would come and bid me good-bye...” 

Spare us the invocations of "black on black crime."  I will not respect the lie. I would rather be thought insane. The most mendacious phrase in the American language is "black on black crime," which is uttered as though the same hands that drew red lines around the ghettoes of Chicago are not the same hands that drew red lines around the life of Jordan Davis,  as though black people authored North Lawndale and policy does not exist. That which mandates the murder of our Hadiya Pendletons necessarily mandates the murder of Jordan Davis. I will not respect any difference. I will not respect the lie. I would rather be thought crazy.

I insist that the irrelevance of black life has been drilled into this country since its infancy, and shall not be extricated through the latest innovations in Negro Finishing School. I insist that racism is our heritage, that Thomas Jefferson's genius is no more important than his plundering of the body of Sally Hemmings, that George Washington's abdication is no more significant than his wild pursuit of Oney Judge, that the G.I Bill's accolades are somehow inseparable from its racist heritageI will not respect the lie. I insist that racism must be properly understood as an Intelligence, as a sentience, as a default setting to which, likely until the end of our days, we unerringly return. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic