Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jordan Davis Next SYG Trial, 1 BLK JUROR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 11:59am
HLN

They're going to run it all day
Sponsored Links

Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 5:22pm
I hope the right verdict comes out this time cuz it would be a shame. 

Edited by Mz. Mocha - Feb 12 2014 at 5:22pm
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 5:29pm
I couldn't watch this trial and I keep sneaking a peep of the verdict watch. I just can't, I feel guilty for the lack of support for this child and the child in the " wrestling mat," murder.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 6:08pm
so the jury deliberating? i haven't been able to keep up with the trial. prays for jordan's family.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 7:10pm
I hope they throw the book at him.  Was the death penalty on the table?
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 8:27pm
Man....MS. ALI was PREACHING on HLN
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:10pm

Jury gets case in loud music murder trial

By Tom Watkins and Eliott McLaughlin, CNN
updated 8:30 PM EST, Wed February 12, 2014

Michael Dunn: I was fighting for my life

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: Jury deliberations will resume Thursday morning
  • "There was no gun," prosecutor says about Dunn's assertion that Davis, 17, was armed
  • "Two worlds collided," Assistant State Attorney Erin Wilson says
  • If Dunn is found guilty, he faces up to life in prison
(CNN) -- Michael Dunn's fate now rests with the jury.

The case moved Wednesday after a prosecutor said in closing arguments that inconsistencies between the words and actions of Dunn have undermined his claim that he was acting in self defense when he fatally shot a teenager at a gas station in Jacksonville, Florida.

Dunn was in his ninth day of trial on a murder charge and three counts of attempted murder stemming from a November 2012 incident in which he opened fire on an SUV full of teenagers after an altercation over loud music. Jordan Davis, a 17-year-old high school student, was killed. The 47-year-old defendant faces a fifth charge of shooting or throwing deadly missiles.

Dunn's lawyer countered that the state had failed in its quest to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his client was guilty and pleaded with jurors to find him not guilty.

Jury deliberations are set to resume Thursday morning.

In testimony on Tuesday, Dunn said he fired in self-defense after Davis threatened him with a gun. "My intent was to stop the attack, not necessarily end a life," he said. "It just worked out that way."

But Assistant State Attorney Erin Wolfson said Wednesday that his claims don't add up.

Michael Dunn takes the stand

She noted that Dunn fired 10 shots at the SUV, three of them while the car was fleeing; that he never took cover -- but instead opened his car door -- even though he would later tell detectives that he had seen a weapon; that he did not tell his fiancee, Rhonda Rouer, that he had seen a weapon until more than a month later; that he left the scene of the shooting, went back to a hotel where they were staying and walked his dog and returned the next day to his house -- more than two hours away -- all without calling 911.

She also rejected Dunn's assertion that Davis was carrying a gun.

"There was no gun," she told jurors.

"This defendant didn't tell anyone because he thought he had gotten away with murder," she said, adding that Dunn had no idea that a witness had taken down his tag number.

The teens had simply been "riding around listening to music, going to the town center, trying to meet girls," Wolfson said. "What any normal teenagers would do."

But what happened when Dunn pulled up next to the youths' SUV, from which music was blaring, was not normal. "Two worlds collided," Wolfson said.

Dunn has testified that he described the music to Rouer as "rap crap;" Rouer has testified that he referred to it as "thug music."

Whatever the semantics, one of the youths went inside to buy gum and cigarettes at about the same time that Rouer also went inside for white wine and chips, according to testimony.

The first shot was fired less than two minutes after Rouer entered the gas station, enough time for Dunn to commit murder in the first degree, Wolfson said.

In the parking lot, as the music blared, "his blood started to boil; he didn't like the music that was coming out of the car next to him; he got angrier and angrier," Wolfson said.

Dunn rolled down his window and asked the youths in the car next to him to turn it down, which they did, but then turned it back up, Wolfson said.

A witness, Steve Smith, has testified he heard Dunn say, "You're not going to talk to me that way."

"This defendant was disrespected by a 17-year-old teenager, and he lost it," Wolfson said.

"He got angry at the fact that a 17-year-old kid decided not to listen to him," she said, adding that Dunn then pulled a 9 mm. gun out of his glove box and shot "systematically and methodically" at the SUV. "Nobody denied that Jordan was talking back. But this defendant took it upon himself to silence Jordan Davis forever."

Dunn testified Tuesday that he saw Davis reach down and pick something up, and that he saw about "4 inches of a barrel" from a 12- or 20-gauge shotgun above the window.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:11pm

Lying racist dog !!!Ouch

Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Lying racist dog !!!Ouch

This all day, he figures it worked for Zimmerscum. I hope the jury gets it right this time. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:31pm
I don't see the scary black man defense working for this yt man.Beer
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>