Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JONBENET MURDER: Report: Parents Indicted, But DA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

JONBENET MURDER: Report: Parents Indicted, But DA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JONBENET MURDER: Report: Parents Indicted, But DA
    Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:54am
Wouldn't prosecute:

The Colorado grand jury probing the death of JonBenet Ramsey voted to indict the murdered 6-year-old beauty queen's parents more than a decade ago, although prosecutors reportedly declined to press the case.

The Boulder Daily Camera newspaper reports that the grand jury in 1999 voted to indict both John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death, a Class II felony punishable by up to 48 years in prison.

Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, the newspaper reports.

"I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant a filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time," Hunter told reporters on Oct. 13, 1999.

At least one legal expert, however, said state law may have obligated Hunter to at least sign the indictment, even if he elected not to prosecute the case.

"We didn't know who did what," one juror told the newspaper. "But we felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't."

The former child beauty queen was murdered in the family's Boulder home on Christmas Day in 1996.

Hunter, who left office in 2001 after 28 years as Boulder County's district attorney, declined to discuss the grand jury's actions.

"Colorado statutes, the ethical canons which govern the practice of law, and the Boulder District Court's oaths, instructions and orders in the JonBenet Ramsey grand jury proceedings, are well established and absolutely clear with respect to the various participants' legal obligations, duties and responsibilities, including the inviolate secrecy of the proceedings and the differing burdens of proof applicable to jurors and prosecutors," Hunter told the newspaper in an email last week. "As the duly elected district attorney at the time and as an officer of the court then and now, I must respectfully decline further comment."

Boulder police Chief Mark Beckner also declined to discuss details of the Ramsey grand jury.

***ive always been fascinated about this case.
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:01pm
Still no information. This is one of them I wanna see what really happened to her on Judgement Day like on Snapped.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:08pm
the jury means nothing, half the time they are so far off from the truth its crazy.. there is NO defense in grand jury's just the prosecutor they only hear one side of the story, nothing else.. so that's why it didn't matter especially since they messed up all the evidence.. the mother is dead already from breast cancer.. 
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:13pm
They trampled all over the evidence.. Smh. We'll never know what happened to that poor child. This one and the Natalie holloway case.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:15pm
I will never believe her parents killed her and left the son alive . I feel so bad for her mother . Fighting cancer , daughter killed , and you are accuse of doing it . A sick person close to family killed the little girl after watching her in pagents . They knew the layout of the home and the security code .
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:17pm
I coulda sworn one of the parents died since then.

That's messed up that Hunter didn't push harder to get justice for that little girl.

ETA: Google confirmed, her mom died. Her dad has since remarried. How the hell do you marry a potential child killer...crazy world. If the mother had anything to do with it, she certainly is facing the ultimate sentence now.

Edited by ShadyLady - Jan 28 2013 at 12:22pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:25pm
I have a feeling that the parents were involved.
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:27pm
I steeeeeel think her momma killed her.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 1:07pm
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 1:29pm
One of them cases where it will always remain a mystery. Like Madeline MaCann. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>