Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Job offer rescinded- Bad Credit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

listen to Val, those are good stores to start.  You should get it. AND check out the cards that have an annual fee & low credit limit.  Those always approve cuz they are the worst.  After the cards start rolling in, cancel the one with an annual fee.  Also, what happened to the Suze Ormond one that helps you get credit?  You said u were gonna look into that

cancelling the card will make her take a hit to her fledgling credit 
she can just get one that has a $500 credit limit. OP that is how i started to rebuild my credit. ignore the cards that charge you a fee.

again you should just wait until you have some sort of steady employment. then you won't have to take out as many crappy cards, can truly be selective, and not risk late payments. life happens and sometimes you need the cash you would have used on your cards for something else.

or like someone said get a student loan bc that is "good credit" but be careful with private student loans. or get a credit card through your bank.
I don't like the ones that charge a fee.  Why should I pay you to use my own money?  no need to keep that crappy card, I did say it was the worst.  But that's why they approve ppl.  Keep in mind that NOBODY is giving her credit, so shes at last resorts here.  After the other offers come, there is no need for her to keep a card with an annual fee.  Unless she can negotiate off, cancel it.  It wont make a big impact if she has other accts in great standing.  Trust me I know.  I've done it.  My 1st card was the Aspire Visa with a $300 limit & $75 annual feeDead
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I can't get a credit card

can't take out a loan

can't get financed for anything...

nothing I've already tried everything

how the HECK do I ever get to establish credit if I can't get approved for ish

try places like macys and nordstrom or best buy. you department stores. you might be able to get one of those if you cant get a major cc. or you can try the secured credit cards that help build your credit
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:20pm

listen to Val, those are good stores to start.  You should get it. AND check out the cards that have an annual fee & low credit limit.  Those always approve cuz they are the worst.  After the cards start rolling in, cancel the one with an annual fee.  Also, what happened to the Suze Ormond one that helps you get credit?  You said u were gonna look into that

if you suggested the suze orman card I'm pretty sure I tried it...I've tried everything so I don't remember each thing

was it a prepaid tho?

im still getting denial letters in the mail from stuff months ago

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:26pm

I think what's fcking me up is the fact that I have so many credit inquiries now because I've been trying so much...

this whole system is ish

yeah i bought a car in 06 and didnt know about inquiries and how they impact your credit. well i got the car and then i tried to lease this place and got denied because i had too many inquiries!! make sure you educate yourself on everything credit related. im still learning helpful info.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:28pm
yeah its a prepaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:30pm
Thank you everybody for your help

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think what's fcking me up is the fact that I have so many credit inquiries now because I've been trying so much...

this whole system is ish

yeah i bought a car in 06 and didnt know about inquiries and how they impact your credit. well i got the car and then i tried to lease this place and got denied because i had too many inquiries!! make sure you educate yourself on everything credit related. im still learning helpful info.

yep the more you try to get approved, the more it stops you from getting approved

damn inquiries...i don't understand the point for that either
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:34pm

yeah its a prepaid

I thought prepaids don't help credit?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:39pm

sorry OP to hijack your thread lol

I originally thought of going with a secured card, but a very helpful lady at a dealership told me while a secured card helps, it doesn't help with big purchases..And you will probably still be declined

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:41pm

yeah its a prepaid

I thought prepaids don't help credit?

suze's does after a couple yrs.  She has a deal with Trans Union
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair