Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Joan Rivers critically ill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:55pm
"Ha!"--the ghosts of murdered Palestinian children.

That being said, I do give Joan mad respect for being a hustler.  I am also very sad for Melissa; her father committed suicide and she had to pull the plug on her mother. 
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:59pm
Maybe it's me, but are there not male comedians as controversial as she was? I havent been a fan as of late, but I definitely think people aren't as hard on male comedians.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Maybe it's me, but are there not male comedians as controversial as she was? I havent been a fan as of late, but I definitely think people aren't as hard on male comedians.
people keep saying this, can you name a male comedian that got as many passes as she has and still stayed on tv ? she had no filter and has a body bag of quotes that have been swept under the rug, im seeing a bunch of pics of "joans no fcuks given rivers" on google images and twitter now.

if someone shoved a tooth pick in cee lo's  fat ass neck for his rape tweets, i wouldnt be mad.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

people keep saying this, can you name a male comedian that got as many passes as she has and still stayed on tv ? she had no filter and has a body bag of quotes that have been swept under the rug, im seeing a bunch of pics of "joans no fcuks given rivers" on google images and twitter now.

if someone shoved a tooth pick in cee lo's  fat ass neck for his rape tweets, i wouldnt be mad.

dont get your thong in a bunch bunz...i asked a question and you replied with a question

i dont know comedians and i only hear people complain about joan...and tracy morgan when he did the gay jokes

she's been kicked off tv multiple times, since the beginning of her career

im not talking about cee lo...if you didnt know the answer to my question, then keep it moving
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:19pm

Joan Rivers Wanted Paparazzi, Meryl Streep at Her "Showbiz Affair" Funeral

Joan Rivers wrote about her hopes for her funeral.

Joan Rivers wrote about her hopes for her funeral 

Even when speaking about death, Joan Rivers was hilarious, wise, and inimitable. 

The celebrated comedienne, who passed away on Thursday, Sept. 4, at the age of 81, had talked about aging and death repeatedly over her years in the spotlight. In her 2012 book I Hate Everyone… Starting with Me, the late Rivers even outlined her plans for her funeral.

"When I die (and yes, Melissa, that day will come; and yes, Melissa, everything's in your name,)" Joan wrote, referencing her only child, daughter Melissa Rivers. "I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action." 

She didn't stop there, however -- Joan had every detail, from her outfit to the guests to the special touches, planned out.

"I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene!" she insisted. "I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don't want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don't want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing 'Mr. Lonely.' I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyonce's." 

The famously talkative star also joked to Esquire in May 2007 about her last words: "My last words? They might be, 'But it was a joke. Put down the gun! It was a joke! Arrgh!'"

On aging, she quipped to The Huffington Post in January 2012, "I don't give a damn what people think. If you don't like my opinion, too bad. That's the only good thing about age." She went on to add of her hopes of reincarnation, "I would be the biggest musical comedy star ever. Audra McDonald, I wouldn't mind being her. Or Patti LuPone but with a nose job, and married to Stephen Sondheim: that would be my ideal life." 

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:20pm
joan rivers is serious business around here, huh? 

(some) black folks sure have some compassionate souls i tell ya. 

Edited by noneyons - Sep 04 2014 at 8:22pm
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:24pm

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

dont get your thong in a bunch bunz...
what the hell ? 

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:27pm
I have been holding this in, but Joan was a 'say it as you mean it kind of girl....

I find it ironic that Joan used her voice to be so mean to just about anybody, and it's that same voice she was trying to fix that caused her death.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:41pm

tough crowd
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:45pm
oh ok. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 27>
  Share Topic