Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

JFM texture softener

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
D'Besteva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D'Besteva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JFM texture softener
    Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 4:18pm

The end of March I wanted to put a JFM Texture Softner in my 7yo hair. Went to Walgreens, Family Dollar, Winn Dixie, another Walgreens, and finally the Beauty Supply Store, to find out that they are not selling the product until further notice... Well I went ahead and put a kiddie perm in my daughter's hair. I said I will just put it in and wash it out, not let it set for awhile. Well to this date 4/19/10, I am not liking her hair. I have washed it last Thursday, put hair fertilizer, carrot oil, some hair lotion by organic something for children, and her hair is still looks dry. I want to plat it up for 2 and a half to 3 months to get that perm out and hopefully by December the JFM Texture Softner will be back on the market... What do you think? I really need some help here...

thanks

Sponsored Links

Mz.TiNg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz.TiNg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 6:43pm
Why is it off the market? It seems like you are putting lots of products on her hair, aiming for shine or moisturizing...the carrot oil/carrot creme never agreed with either of us as far as hair goes...left it dry.

Try just conditioner washes, and some deep conditioning treatments with or without heat. I use African Organics Hair mayonnaise in our hair. I slather it on, cover our hair with saran wrap and a scarf, then leave it there for hours at a time. I believe in leave in conditioners or some treatments as well.

Hang in there...come up with a regimen that works for you both and good luck! Not sure the 2-3 mos will get rid of the relaxer, but it should allow time to improve her hair for sure.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 7:21pm
2-3 months is not enough time for the hair to grow out of a relaxer. can u put  this "texture softener" over relaxed hair is that safe?
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 7:33pm
Ya'll are aware this "texture softer" is a relaxer...right?
Mz.TiNg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz.TiNg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 8:43pm
I'm aware. I don't use it, but the OP identified that she used a kiddie perm (relaxer) on her daughter.

OP--how is your daughter's hair doing? Have you chosen to cut off the relaxer, or just try to pamper it and grow it out?

I'm curious as to why it was snatched off the market...wonder what "happened"?
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Ya'll are aware this "texture softer" is a relaxer...right?

i didnt know what it was. she shouldnt put it over old relaxer then, its like double processing the hair right
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 2:59am
^^Exactly, I was using the Texture Softener back in my "relaxed" days

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Apr 29 2010 at 3:00am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Mz.TiNg Mz.TiNg wrote:

Why is it off the market? It seems like you are putting lots of products on her hair, aiming for shine or moisturizing...the carrot oil/carrot creme never agreed with either of us as far as hair goes...left it dry.

Try just conditioner washes, and some deep conditioning treatments with or without heat. I use African Organics Hair mayonnaise in our hair. I slather it on, cover our hair with saran wrap and a scarf, then leave it there for hours at a time. I believe in leave in conditioners or some treatments as well.

Hang in there...come up with a regimen that works for you both and good luck! Not sure the 2-3 mos will get rid of the relaxer, but it should allow time to improve her hair for sure.

I agree with everything she said!!...and putting chemicals on top of dryness or damage, is not going to make her hair any better, only worse....When you put relaxers in you or your childs hair you have to maintain it...
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 9:52am

I sent you a PM.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 9:53am
Sorry the PM was meant for Mz. Ting
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style