Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesse Jackson Jr sentence to 30 months in prison.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Jesse Jackson Jr sentence to 30 months in prison.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 11:26am
I do have sympathy since these white politicians get away with much more and still get to serve their term in office. No question about jail time. smh at Brothas getting jail time for trying to play the white man's game
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I do have sympathy since these white politicians get away with much more and still get to serve their term in office. No question about jail time. smh at Brothas getting jail time for trying to play the white man's game

word

Governor has returned ‘tangible’ gifts, legal team says

No details about items or value made available

Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:00 am | Updated: 2:13 pm, Wed Aug 14, 2013.

BY OLYMPIA MEOLA Richmond Times-Dispatch

Gov. Bob McDonnell has returned tangible gifts from a wealthy political donor whose relationship with the governor is under scrutiny, a spokesman for McDonnell’s private legal team confirmed Tuesday.

The spokesman released no other details about the gifts, including exactly what was returned or the value of the items.

Citing “concerns that have been raised by members of the public, and to do everything I can to restore trust with the people of Virginia,” McDonnell said in late July on Washington’s WTOP radio that he was working to return gifts from Jonnie Williams Sr. that were still in his possession, including a Rolex watch.

McDonnell said his eldest daughter, Jeanine, has returned $10,000 she received from Williams in advance of her May wedding. Williams also spent $15,000 to cover the catering costs for the June 2011 Executive Mansion wedding reception for another daughter, Cailin.

“At this point, I’ve been advised by my attorney, that all the tangible have been returned,” McDonnell told The Associated Press in an interview Monday.

McDonnell and members of his family have received more than $160,000 in gifts and loans from Williams, CEO of Henrico County-based Star Scientific. The governor faces state and federal investigations in regard to the gifts and his relationship with Williams.

The governor paid back $52,278 for what was described as a 2011 loan from Williams to first lady Maureen McDonnell. He also paid $71,837 for two 2012 loans to a real estate business he owns with one of his sisters, according to his personal legal team.

State law requires elected officials and others to disclose any gift in excess of $50 but does not place the same reporting requirement on gifts to immediate family members.

McDonnell has maintained that neither Williams nor Star received any special treatment from his administration. He earlier apologized for the embarrassment he said the scandal has brought to the state.

A spokesman for McDonnell lashed out Friday at what he described as “a free pass” given by federal prosecutors to Williams and Star Scientific in exchange for the executive’s testimony in the federal investigation of loans and gifts to the McDonnell family.

Rich Galen, a spokesman for McDonnell, issued the first public criticism of Williams by the governor, who previously described him as a personal friend.

Star said in a regulatory filing Friday that the company did not expect to face federal prosecution in ongoing investigations by the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Federal prosecutors have been examining Star’s securities transactions and private placements of stock since March.

Federal authorities also have been investigating the gifts and loans from Williams to the McDonnells. Star Scientific said Friday that it has been cooperating in “any and all of the matters” under investigation by federal prosecutors.

Galen contrasted McDonnell’s 37 years of service in the military and government with the work of Williams, who he said “has been in trouble with government entities since the earliest days of his business career.”

The spokesman also cited a report by a McDonnell lawyer, former Attorney General Anthony F. Troy, that showed no benefit given by the governor or state to Williams and Star.

“So the only quid pro quo that has been proven in this case is between the U.S. government and Jonnie Williams,” Galen said in a written statement.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/government-politics/governor-has-returned-tangible-gifts-legal-team-says/article_4b5b2479-2b7a-5cc9-a856-4e6b437f355e.html

Edited by bindy - Aug 15 2013 at 11:31am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 1:47pm

I use to feel the same way until the fool arrogance became his downfall . When you know the white man is watching you , why continue to do illegal crap ? I think Jessie felt the Jackson name would save him . OJ for example should be a wake up call for black men with power . White men with power can get away with it , but you are going down .  
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 2:41pm
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I use to feel the same way until the fool arrogance became his downfall . When you know the white man is watching you , why continue to do illegal crap ? I think Jessie felt the Jackson name would save him . OJ for example should be a wake up call for black men with power . White men with power can get away with it , but you are going down .  

White men with power .. don't get away with it. Duh! Do you watch the news?

I don't why it is that everytime a Black man f's up .... somehow 'the White man' gets pulled into it. Paranoid.

Jesse Jackson is no different than any other man with power - it all went to his head.

(shrugs)He took ADVANTEGE of his position .. and now he's gotta pay.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 6:41pm
I lived in Sandys ward for two years......with all the sympathy I could muster up only thing I can say is "Bye Felicia"
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I don't why it is that everytime a Black man f's up .... somehow 'the White man' gets pulled into it. Paranoid.

Jesse Jackson is no different than any other man with power - it all went to his head.

I'm not paranoid...its the damn truth. Ain't nobody caping for Jesse Jackson. Just stating that ALOT of people in power play this game and most of them do not go to jail.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:22pm

I'm not paranoid...its the damn truth. Ain't nobody caping for Jesse Jackson. Just stating that ALOT of people in power play this game and most of them do not go to jail.

Printer is actually correct......he got caught because he was in cahoots with Blajogevich  <----I spelled that so wrong LOL......yt took embody down with him.......they all got jail time.....

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:26pm

texas don't waste your keystrokes on that white woman point of view . She never read anything in topic . A black man going to jail made her day . smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic