Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jeopardy:No One Wanted to Answer Qs About Black Hi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jeopardy:No One Wanted to Answer Qs About Black Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeopardy:No One Wanted to Answer Qs About Black Hi
    Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:27am

Last Night on Jeopardy No One Wanted to Answer Qs About Black HistoryExpand

Happy Black History Month, everyone, courtesy of last night's all-white College Jeopardy panel! In the second round of play, the contestants sailed through five of the categories—including "International Cinema Showcase," "Weather Verbs," and "Kiwi Fauna"—but avoided the sixth like the, ahem, black plague. That category was "African-American History."

In other words, these kids were more confident in their knowledge of weird animals in New Zealand than black human beings in America.

LOLOLLLOLLOLLOOOOLOLOLOL [cry].

Last Night on Jeopardy No One Wanted to Answer Qs About Black HistoryExpand

When ultimately faced with the category, the kids got three out of five answers correct (missing questions about the Scottsboro Boys and the 1st Rhode Island Regiment). Here's the video:

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 19 2014 at 9:28am
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:38am
Lmao. Wouldnt expect them to educate themselves in.our history. They dont give a damn
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:43am
They erred way on the side of caution with that one. Smh.

Cause you know they woulda been in the red for final jeopardy and either way, they look ignant for not even trying.

I'd be surprised if Alex didn't point that out. He throws shade like that.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:46am
I don't know if this is the episode I saw a few years ago, but when I saw it I was surprised I knew all the answers. What is considered challenging material for the average white person I guess blacks learned in grade school.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:50am
Yeah why should they when they aren't forced to learn ANYTHING about our history outside of MLK & Roas Parks like we are all through our schooling. We didn't have the luxury of a choice. They do. SMH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Yeah why should they when they aren't forced to learn ANYTHING about our history outside of MLK & Roas Parks like we are all through our schooling. We didn't have the luxury of a choice. They do. SMH

explain?

you think blacks are forced to learn about their history?
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

explain?

Of course we are. I found more history info on our people in the library growing up as a kid than I did in school. Mind you. from the age of 13 on I went to a mostly yt school with only a handfull of blacks, but that still shouldn't excuse the issue of them learning about the histories of people who don't look like them.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 10:03am

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

explain?

Of course we are. I found more history info on our people in the library growing up as a kid than I did in school. Mind you. from the age of 13 on I went to a mostly yt school with only a handfull of blacks, but that still shouldn't excuse the issue of them learning about the histories of people who don't look like them.

I don't think a lot of black people are forced to learn anything about their history

I applaud you for going to your local library but I don't think most black kids or parents do that (or even do a google search)

not even sure how many (black people) still care at this point to be honest

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 19 2014 at 10:04am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 10:28am
noah webster learned 26 languages in 20 years...Ermmdamn him.  can i just learn one.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 10:35am
Generally white people have no interest in anyone's history besides their own.

Arrogance when you think about it. With a good dose of ignorance

But primarily racist.

Edited by afrokock - Feb 19 2014 at 10:47am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com