BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jehovah Witness and voting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

is respecting other peoples beliefs really that difficult? i never understand these types of arguments.

Exactly. I was just sitting here thinking about making a thread about RESPECT. Even though we have a difference of opinions, lifestyle, religion, etc it can still be said/asked respectfully. I've seen this in 2 threads today. SMH

Do it!
Sponsored Links

starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

isn't Jesus the example for most christians? how is his life purpose not a means of guidance for a modern day christian? how is how he conducted himself not relevant? doesn't general christendom like to say WWJD?

anyway--i truly am not here to be an advocate for JW or not.  i am not an active member so i don't need to be their speakervoice. 

I don't think I said any of that, I just said that Jesus didn't need the resources and systems we use today and that we used back then because his life had a specific purpose and our lives don't have the same purpose. He also had special powers that we don't have. I just feel that if God felt that way he would have put it in the Bible. 

We don't need to add anything.

Revelation 22:18

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Deuteronomy 12:32

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it

freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:15pm

is respecting other peoples beliefs really that difficult? i never understand these types of arguments.

Exactly. I was just sitting here thinking about making a thread about RESPECT. Even though we have a difference of opinions, lifestyle, religion, etc it can still be said/asked respectfully. I've seen this in 2 threads today. SMH

Meh....Don't waste your time. My idea of religious respect will be very different then someone who is very religious. It is what it is.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:17pm
Lol @ respect.
A lot of people on here come here so they can say the things they can't say IRL.

beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:22pm
"respecting" someone's religion becomes difficult when their religion and by extension their beliefs are directly and actively engaged in trying to deny people rights, liberty, and historically, life.

having little to no respect for a Christians beliefs is no different than sh*tting on republicans, IMO.
religion has never been a private matter in this country. it's all up in our government and our laws.
if it wasnt so aggressively forced on the entire nation Christians wouldn't have to cry about all the so called persecution and disrespect.
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:31pm
If you're christian, according to billy graham(was watching him and his son on CNN today), you should basically not vote democrat because it goes against your ideals( same sex marriage, pro-choice)

I guess you just have to decide how religious you are. I can't blame some people for wanting to be politically neutral.

Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol that will fail on here.....don't bother

Exactly why I didn't.
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lol @ respect.
A lot of people on here come here so they can say the things they can't say IRL.

Ok, I get that but can that not be done without being respectful. Maybe because I'm a firm believer of treating people the way I want to be treated, that I don't get it.

Carry on.... 
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by beebeexx<strong> beebeexx wrote:

"respecting" someone's religion becomes difficult when their religion and by extension their beliefs are directly and actively engaged in trying to deny people rights, liberty, and historically, life.

having little to no respect for a Christians beliefs is no different than sh*tting on republicans, IMO.
religion has never been a private matter in this country. it's all up in our government and our laws.
if it wasnt so aggressively forced on the entire nation Christians wouldn't have to cry about all the so called persecution and disrespect.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm not JW, but I respect their decision not to vote as well as their other beliefs. There is nothing difficult about allowing people to live THEIR lives the way they choose.

ETA: Within the law of course.

Edited by Wynter - Nov 06 2012 at 4:46pm
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by beebeexx<strong> beebeexx wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm JW, but I respect their decision not to vote as well as their other beliefs. There is nothing difficult about allowing people to live THEIR lives the way they choose.

ETA: Within the law of course.

I don't think anyone is trying to force them to vote. Is it considered disrespectful to discuss whether the Bible tells us not to vote?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic