Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Jay Zs Brand Is Suffering Because People Dont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:01pm
and i swear he's always talked about having money 
"partna i'm still spending money from '88"

what the problem is? LOL
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:02pm
Word. LOLThumbs Up

Edited by Random Thoughts - Dec 29 2013 at 1:02pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:04pm
doing the same sh*t he dissed jaz o about
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:05pm
meh...its all subjective...i wouldnt be happy if jay retired, i love his music...and so do many others

u don't like it, don't listen....simple
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

lol
he is a classic case of rap's main gripe with age and its unhealthy fixation with youth.

I kind of feel like thats not a rap thing, but a rich ppl thing...
Most rappers know when to hang it up, even Snoop found a new niche.

Jay got lazy, i'll say that. But he's a man that has made it. I feel like that was his only goal. Some people live, breathe, and embody the struggle, others do what they gotta do till they make it out and they dont look back. Is it fcked up? On some level, yes. As big a star as he's become he does have a platform to create an awareness about crime and poverty and other social issues (if that makes sense). But the real question here is, is it his responsibility as an entertainer? I feel like us regular folk sometimes hold celebrities to standards we dont even hold ourselves to....
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

meh...its all subjective...i wouldnt be happy if jay retired, i love his music...and so do many others

it's a thread with commentary--i am providing mine and you yours
do i need to say IMO before every comment? if so IMO he is not providing anything fresh or new or particularly noteworthy
i don't directly financially contribute to that negro--Barneys collection? no thanks. Album? not interested. RoccaWear the now not urban label? neaux.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:10pm
damn, i could have saved key strokes, most of what hairdo said LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

lol
he is a classic case of rap's main gripe with age and its unhealthy fixation with youth.

I kind of feel like thats not a rap thing, but a rich ppl thing...
Most rappers know when to hang it up, even Snoop found a new niche.

Jay got lazy, i'll say that. But he's a man that has made it. I feel like that was his only goal. Some people live, breathe, and embody the struggle, others do what they gotta do till they make it out and they dont look back. Is it fcked up? On some level, yes. As big a star as he's become he does have a platform to create an awareness about crime and poverty and other social issues (if that makes sense). But the real question here is, is it his responsibility as an entertainer? I feel like us regular folk sometimes hold celebrities to standards we dont even hold ourselves to....
its a rap thing

rockers etc etc have no problem getting old their music reflecting that and taking their shows on tour etc etc

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:12pm
^I'm not sure I understand...elaborate on this rap vs. youth thing compared to rock?

Lyrical substance?
Image portrayal?
Lifestyle?
whatchumeanboo?
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

it's a thread with commentary--i am providing mine and you yours
do i need to say IMO before every comment? if so IMO he is not providing anything fresh or new or particularly noteworthy
i don't directly financially contribute to that negro--Barneys collection? no thanks. Album? not interested. RoccaWear the now not urban label? neaux.

ok epitome LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic