Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jay Zs Brand Is Suffering Because People Dont

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:41am
lol

off the top of the brim Hairdo..
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:49am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

lmao, staying true to what?
His music obviously evolved with his life style.
Hood antics = life during the struggle, hoodrat sh*t, i.e. hard knock life
wealth and prosperity = songs about materialistic possessions i.e "Tom Ford"
Tf yall think he was supposed to do rap about a fake struggle?
If yall want the Jay who was tryin to make it, go listen to Reasonable Doubt
coming across as authentic =/= rhyming bout poverty

gtfoh with that retarded logic
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I just want Jay with some substance to his music, a good flow, and solid rhymes. New Jay lacks 2 out of the 3 the majority of the time, and all 3 some of the time.

He was materialistic on Reasonable Doubt too. I don't mind that.

So I don't want his old sh*t. I want some good sh*t. Something his new sh*t often lacks. 

clearly this is too difficult for some to grasp
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:57am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I just want Jay with some substance to his music, a good flow, and solid rhymes. New Jay lacks 2 out of the 3 the majority of the time, and all 3 some of the time.

So I don't want his old sh*t. I want some good sh*t. Something his new sh*t often lacks. 

Calm down with the condescension, it's all subjective... No one's opinion is the end all be all
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:58am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

lol

off the top of the brim Hairdo..

Haha u got me caught up!! I was like how come I have never heard these raps of blue LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 5:07am
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Calm down with the condescension, it's all subjective... No one's opinion is the end all be all
no offence, but i cant apologise for your comprehension love

if thats what you got from that cool story

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 6:19am
Right? How this became about putting ppl in the hood down.

A lot jay fans might not be able to by tom ford but they understand substance. Rapping about your wife and kids, no one would be mad at him for that he would prob loose the 30 and younger crowd tho.

I hate when he jumps on a record with the hottest rapper at the time. He always sounds outta place I.e. don't kill my vibe
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 6:23am
And wasn't jay supposed to give up the word b!tch what happened to that? Blue didn't mind it I guess
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 11:16am
That story wasn't true...he never said but of course bhm ran with it anyway
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 11:24am
you can be insightful and wealthy
are people saying you can't?

i don't begrudge his wealth at all---it's outstanding
but it's a (w)rap for me regarding Jay w/any depth
i liked his album with Ye though

eta: I just remembered this

2013 Was The Year Of Cultural Appropriation

To be honest, 2013 was a tough year for black folks. Every year has its share of racist activity and bad news, but there was something about this year that made it seem like white people had set claims on aspects of black culture in ways they never had before. We'll admit, this isn't the first time (Elvis anyone?), and it certainly won't be the last, but it was quite possibly the most painfully obvious.

Every time we turned on the television, computer or radio, it seemed pop culture was saturated with songs, dances or trends that originated in the African-American community and all of a sudden people were praising and paying close attention to things that had existed for years.

So we decided to pull together all of the examples of things pop culture stole this year, from dances to music genres and even rappers themselves, not many things in black culture were safe this year.

Jay Z
AP
That's right folks, not only did Jay kick the hyphen in his name to the side, he did the same to the black community this year. The rapper-turned-mogul made it painfully obvious on his "Magna Carta Holy Grail" album that things have changed for him, from his days in Marcy Projects to buying Picasso paintings and Tom Ford suits. But he drove the nail in the coffin when he stood by his partnership with Barneys, after the high-end retailer was accused of racial profiling. The rap community declared the once celebrated MC dead inside, but not to worry, Sean Carter lives on through his business ventures.

Edited by EPITOME - Dec 29 2013 at 11:31am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>