Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Jan '13: Hair/Skin/Beauty Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:29pm
Hair: To protect my ends Embarrassed , keep on top of moisture balance, braid it a lil more, blow dry a lil less
Skin: Use my moisturizer more at night, get to bed earlier so my eyes puff less and I can wear contacts more frequently

I'm going to add nails because I am looking forward to doing more nail designs and keeping them from cracking and peeling all the time.
Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:33pm
My mom bought the shea butter from amazon, and we got the gel and the oil from whole foods.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by lumii18 lumii18 wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Does any one know how to get rid of chest acne?
I would assume the same thing for the face. Maybe a benzoyl preroxide cleanser? Is this something new Lumii? Maybe you're allergic to something?

No it's not new and nothing ever seems to work. I've tried papaya soap, exfoliating,etc nothing seems to work

If it's not an allergic response to something, I don't know what to tell you (not that anything works for my allergy-caused, outbreaks). I've tried body cleansers (Neutrogena and one for sensitive skin) and all it did was burn the hell out of my skin and cause abrasions.

Maybe you can just wait for it to clear up? That's what I had to do.
vida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:39pm

ACV with The Mother (wholefoods has it) put a little on a cotton ball and wipe it over the area where you are seeing acne should see results within days....this stuff is a miracle in a bottle works wonders!!
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:02pm
I bought 2% salicylic peel recently. My stress level is about to go up so I have to keep fighting stress-related acne. I also plan to do a bentonite clay + ACV facial.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

whats the deal with these cuticles

and somebody tell me about this clarisonic! 
maybe i will get proactiv's dark spot corrector  
I don't have the clarisonic, I have a knockoff someone gave me as a gift. And it works well. It helps exfoliate the skin. I don't think it will remove dark spots. But it will assist with cell turnover...so maybe coupling it with a kojic acid cleanser, you'll see faster results. At least that's what I'm doing.

Here is a link to different alternatives if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a clarisonic...

thanks, i'm going to get the oil of olay brush probably

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Jan 02 2013 at 4:35pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 5:07pm
*Takes notes galore lol*

Hair: DC'ing 1x a week.
Face: Exfoliating every other day. My face gets super dry lately thanks to the cold.
Baw-day: Exfoliating every other day and moisturizing.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 5:17pm
I'm educating myself about my hair and putting what I learn into action effective immediately.

Leatning to make my hair manageable for the first time in my life.

Stocking up on products.

Staying in protective styles--weaves, twists, buns.

Hopefully I will have the fortitude to big chop this year. But my hair is getting so long I may have hesitations.
livi123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 5:43pm
Hair: Use a hooded dryer every time I condition.
Nails: STOP BITING THEM!
Body: Incorporate a raw food lifestyle into my diet.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 5:46pm

whats the deal with these cuticles

and somebody tell me about this clarisonic! 
maybe i will get proactiv's dark spot corrector  
I don't have the clarisonic, I have a knockoff someone gave me as a gift. And it works well. It helps exfoliate the skin. I don't think it will remove dark spots. But it will assist with cell turnover...so maybe coupling it with a kojic acid cleanser, you'll see faster results. At least that's what I'm doing.

Here is a link to different alternatives if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a clarisonic...

thanks, i'm going to get the oil of olay brush probably

YEP that neutrogena is the truth for body acne.. i'm basically addicted to hair, skin products and always been into lots of natural supplements.. and its working for me.. I only drink water b/c i've been on low carbs for over a year now.. Except for occasional wine, but i watch what i eat stick with the low carbs, take spinning classes going to continue on that to keep the weight off and fit.. 

I do have the clarisonic and i have the less expensive one similar to the oil of olay one, but I must say the sonic action on the clarisonic is better.. It does get your face really clean from makeup which i never fall asleep in it, its got to come off faithfully.

keep the hair moisturized and natural underneath, so my growth is good won't stop that.. i do mixed up my shea butter for my skin on my body..

but my face i have been doing lots of anti-aging products that i love.. I normally do peels once a week, but i now do a weekly resurfacing treatment with alpha hydroxy acid and love the results..I use a very inexpensive DMAE, alpha lipoic, Vit C Ester cream I got from Amazon along with the Hyaluronic acid serum I like it as well.. both are made by Reviva wasn't that expensive at all.  I do have a micro-dermabrasion machine too so i do those a couple times of week. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic