BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jan '13: Hair/Skin/Beauty Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 12:38am
protein treatment. hopefully it can turn this thing around. 
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 12:46am
im not doing anything except more scalp massages and increasing my water intake
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

Hair: stay in protective style mode via weaves and closures

Body: work out consistently! eat clean

Skin: drink more water, clear up dark spots

This. 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:24am
Hey guys if anyone is interested in trying the knock off clarsonic I have, it's called the nutrasonic. I googled & found they sell them @ gnc.
wanderlust87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderlust87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

Upgrade from drugstore makeup. I think it's time.

This.  

I need a better sleep routine since I switched to an 8-5pm gig this past Sept.   More sleep w probably help my face - particularly my eyes - give me a fresher more energetic appearance.

Eventually switch my workout time to the early am at the gym instead of 7pm or later.  Switch my workout routines season to season.   Buy another pilates machine.

A wardrobe change is in the works.  Will have pedicure & waxing treats.  This year I want more intricate but time saving  hairstyles!!!!  I said that last year & I didn't make it happen. 
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:37pm
Skincare: clear the dark spots on my face and body, drink more water, get more sleep, and hopefully find my holy grail face moisturizer to get rid of my dry, flaky skin patches.

Body: I want to start jogging again and then start Turbo Fire. I don't want to start a new plan super fast and then burn out from it. Then it will be another year I stay the same weight and I don't want that.

Hair: Continue moisturizing my ends, bi-weekly DCs (protein and moisture), and continue hiding my hair.

dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:20am
Skin: I need to do better all around. Definitely washing my face 2x a day and toning with witch hazel (works like a charm) and finding a better moisturizer for my dry skin/sensitive face and body. Regular Aveeno may not be cutting it anymore since its become clear that my eczema has resurfaced.

Have to invest in better make up brushes and cleaners for my tools because it really makes all the difference.

Hair: Stop straightening as often (maybe no more than 1x a month for now) - heat damage was SERIOUS this year. I had to cut most of it off, and I'm determined to keep this little bob healthy and retain some growth this year). Protein treatments are holy grail for my naturally fine hair as well and constant deep conditioning with a variety of products! I plan to color my hair in February, so that I'll come with a new set of challenges for sure. I'd also like to find some protective styles (that aren't weaves) for my curly hair and try curl formers to avoid straightening/ease styling. My hair is just so short now with shrinkage so I'm not sure what to do!

Edited by dijah.love - Jan 05 2013 at 9:12pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:01pm
I decided to get a head start on some of my beauty regimens. 

Skin: Purchased the Obagi Nu-Derm line for my face, use it faithfully, morning and night to clear up dark spots and even out my complexion.  I see a slight improvement, but not a whole lot, yet. 

Eyes: Clear up dark circles.  Currently using Jan Marini eye cream and I can actually see a slight difference.

Hair: I'm currently trying to see how long I can go without a weave and I am going to start deep conditioning and washing my hair with conditioner to lessen breakage.

Body: I am going to make a better effort to cut down on meat consumption and increase exercise.
jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:30pm
hair: conditioning more regularly, I will try spritzing her with water every 2 days. I'll try the bonnet thin posted above as well.

skin:  I'm still working on a plan...

Body: Finally NTC (nike training club) is on android, so I'm doing that. Also I made a scrub out of sea salt, cocoonut oil, castor oil, lavender and tea tea tree it was pretty nice so I'll probably continue doing that. moisturizing right after shower (right now it's aquaphor for the winter)

health: more water, vitamin c, I want to try spirulina/chlorella, and do more green smoothies.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:05pm
So far Im mostly trying to focus on clearing my skin up by using my cocoa butter more often and drinking water more often. I also want to try a DC concoction using shea butter

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic