Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Jan '13: Hair/Skin/Beauty Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:04pm
Happy New Year ladies.

I plan to moisturize my leave out regularly. I tend to slack off after a few days but I am loving this IC leave-in and the Pantene whip.

I want to get better about moisturizing my skin and removing makeup every night. I tend to get very comfortable with moisturizing cleansers but I love how almond and coconut oil makes my skin feel. I am also going to get better about using the Amlactin cream.

I have to get back into drinking a lot of water especially because I am hitting the gym hard. I spent part of New Years there. I am also going to be more consistent with my supplements. I have flax seed, folic acid, msm, centrum chewable, zinc, acidophilus, and Isatori.
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Happy New Year ladies.

I plan to moisturize my leave out regularly. I tend to slack off after a few days but I am loving this IC leave-in and the Pantene whip.

I want to get better about moisturizing my skin and removing makeup every night. I tend to get very comfortable with moisturizing cleansers but I love how almond and coconut oil makes my skin feel. I am also going to get better about using the Amlactin cream.

I have to get back into drinking a lot of water especially because I am hitting the gym hard. I spent part of New Years there. I am also going to be more consistent with my supplements. I have flax seed, folic acid, msm, centrum chewable, zinc, acidophilus, and Isatori.
Jolie what do the bolded do?
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:08pm
Skin: Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate... I want my skin to be even. My back/butt is splotchy and it's annoying.
Drink more water, I know my scalp and body would benefit from this

Hair: I really don't have any goals for my hair. I'm not in love with it. I let it grow, then I cut it at the beginning of the year. I didn't make it to full bsl this year, only half of my hair made it. But it doesn't matter since I'm just going to cut it again anyway.
I need to start oiling my hair every other week again. I forget to melt the vatika oil on wash days and completely skip that step.
My scalp has been a dry mess all last year and I blame my laziness and poor water intake for it. I have to do better

Beauty: I've been slacking on my vitamins for like a month now. I'll start keeping them in my purse

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:26pm
I just got a sample of the philosophy microdermabrasion wash, and it is the truth! I wash with raw black soap and follow with a shea butter/aloe gel/coconut oil, and I use this at night followed by the same moisturizer and my skin is virtually blemish free, baby soft, and the spots of hyper-pigmentation I had from old blemishes have faded significantly.

tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:37pm
i have black soap.. but im nervous about shea butter on my face.. wouldn't it be too thick? what brands do you guys use?
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:46pm
Skin: I don't really have control over my skin (I think know that there's something internal going on, but I don't know what). However, I can try to do my part by washing twice a day, eating better and drinking plenty of water.

Hair: Nothing really to do here. I don't touch my hair, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I could start eating a more balanced diet (including more fish, fresh fruits and vegetables) and taking my vitamins regularly.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:48pm
It's pure shea butter, I like the refined shea butter (the white one) the best, whipped with coconut oil and aloe vera gel. The gel makes the mixture's consistency more like a light lotion, so there's less guess work in deciding how much is right for you. It absorbs rather quickly, too. 
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:21pm
Do you make it yourself or purchase? If so where do you get it from? The only Shea butter I see are in big yellow tubs and hard as !
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by lumii18 lumii18 wrote:

Does any one know how to get rid of chest acne?
I would assume the same thing for the face. Maybe a benzoyl preroxide cleanser? Is this something new Lumii? Maybe you're allergic to something?

No it's not new and nothing ever seems to work. I've tried papaya soap, exfoliating,etc nothing seems to work
vida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:26pm
Drinking more water and juicing more are my two main goals for 2013...I also want to be more consistant with drinking acv...I just need consistancy in my life...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>