Extensions Plus

Jamaican Men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Jeseslovesme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeseslovesme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamaican Men
    Posted: May 25 2009 at 2:47am
Ever dated 1? share your experience...Smile 
Sponsored Links

virgo_babe84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote virgo_babe84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 11:32am
I never dated one seriously but a lot of them do love the ladies...if you know what I'm saying...

***not to generalize ALL jamaican men but this is from MY experience***

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeseslovesme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 2:20pm
Not looking for "Information" Just looking to read opinions and experience. 
disrupteddiamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote disrupteddiamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 11:13pm
dated two

one kinda serious really really good in bed

but like most men from the Caribbean and i am from the Caribbean they are not the most faithful men for the most part sorry

but they were both sweethearts and really committed to their families loved their kids provider etc

so i don't know if you find one that is faithful he is a keep that seems to be their Achilles heel

but that was just my experience
AClassAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AClassAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:26am
Originally posted by disrupteddiamon disrupteddiamon wrote:

dated two

one kinda serious really really good in bed WinkLOLEvil%20Smile

but like most men from the Caribbean and i am from the Caribbean they are not the most faithful men for the most part sorry Caribbean men do have this stereotype! Even my Haitian professor who's like 60 said so!

but they were both sweethearts and really committed to their families loved their kids provider etc

so i don't know if you find one that is faithful he is a keep that seems to be their Achilles heel

but that was just my experience
Yogi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 1:47am
I am caribbean but have never dated a Jamaican man but as someone mentioned above all men have their good and bad sides; irrelavant of color, nationality, race etc.

Personally, I would not date a Jamaican simply becasue my family are not accepting of them, so a no go area for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeseslovesme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Yogi Yogi wrote:

I am caribbean but have never dated a Jamaican man but as someone mentioned above all men have their good and bad sides; irrelavant of color, nationality, race etc.

Personally, I would not date a Jamaican simply becasue my family are not accepting of them, so a no go area for me.

Cry

Never dated a Jamaican either... Not planning on anytime soon. Just wanted some opinions. Might I ask why your fam is not accepting of my fellow yardies? If it's too controversial for the BMH gen pop then pm me.Thumbs%20Up

AClassAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AClassAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Jeseslovesme Jeseslovesme wrote:

Cry

Never dated a Jamaican either... Not planning on anytime soon. Just wanted some opinions. Might I ask why your fam is not accepting of my fellow yardies? If it's too controversial for the BMH gen pop then pm me.Thumbs%20Up

Not trying to start anything. Only stating the truth:

Jeses: As stupid as it is there is discrimination in the Caribbean community. For example, Jamaicans may say to never bring a Haitian home because they're dirty, or Haitians may say never bring a Jamaican home because they steal and carry knives. The discrimination is mainly due to poor stereotypes. Cultural differences play a role as well, but moreso the stereotypes. There are also Caribbeans who say to never bring home an African-American. This is more prevalent with the older generations.

I am half Jamaican and half A-A so I think I get the best of both worlds. Most of my black friends are Caribbean and most of the blacks at my university were Caribbean, so I learned about these issues. I even learned more in my Africana studies classes based on the Caribbean. It's interesting to me, yet I still have to shake my head due to this discrimination. it's like even though there are different cultures, we're all still black!LOL

edited for grammar

Edited by AClassAct - May 26 2009 at 4:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeseslovesme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 1:04am
Originally posted by AClassAct AClassAct wrote:

Cry

Jeses: As stupid as it is there is discrimination in the Caribbean community. For example, Jamaicans may say to never bring a Haitian home because they're dirty, or Haitians may say never bring a Jamaican home because they steal and carry knives. The discrimination is mainly due to poor stereotypes. Cultural differences play a role as well, but moreso the stereotypes. There are also Caribbeans who say to never bring home an African-American. This is more prevalent with the older generations.

I am half Jamaican and half A-A so I think I get the best of both worlds. Most of my black friends are Caribbean and most of the blacks at my university were Caribbean, so I learned about these issues. I even learned more in my Africana studies classes based on the Caribbean. It's interesting to me, yet I still have to shake my head due to this discrimination. it's like even though there are different cultures, we're all still black!LOL

edited for grammar

WOW... Never knew any of that, my fam is Jamaican and we are i guess very open. We dont study who you bring home as long as they are decent and respectful and most of all make you happy...I reason I started this topic is to gain insight into other peoples perception of Jamaican men and experiences with them relationship wise. Seems like everyone is staying away out of fear of starting something... IDK but much thanx to you for your honest reply.
AClassAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AClassAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 1:13am

Originally posted by AClassAct AClassAct wrote:

Cry

edited for grammar

WOW... Never knew any of that, my fam is Jamaican and we are i guess very open. We dont study who you bring home as long as they are decent and respectful and most of all make you happy...I reason I started this topic is to gain insight into other peoples perception of Jamaican men and experiences with them relationship wise. Seems like everyone is staying away out of fear of starting something... IDK but much thanx to you for your honest reply.

No problem............ But thank God that my Jamaican family and other West Indian people that I know are cool and don't discriminate.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic