Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ja'dore "Russian" Natural Straight Install...pics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ja'dore "Russian" Natural Straight Install...pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ja'dore "Russian" Natural Straight Install...pics
    Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:32pm
Hey ladies!  I thought I would post my experience on my recent install with Ja'dore Hair Boutique.  There were quite a few members I had told about the hair BEFORE I installed and had told them at the time I hadn't worn the hair but I wanted to update on that.  I  purchased a bundle of the "Russian" Natural Straight - listed as "coarse", this purchase was after the owner "gave" me one bundle previously for my use.  The initial bundle was very pretty and pretty much met the requirements of the hair I like - so I ordered another bundle to go with it.  I requested another bundle similar but a bit coarser than the first one given.

I personally had no intentions of purchasing from Ja'dore, especially after all that I had seen taken place, however, as I had mentioned to a few ladies, when she decided to offer "Russian" hair initially, I liked that she had the hair ready to ship once purchased.  That was very appealing...

Hair Quality:

The hair is actually pretty nice - it has a nice texture and the bundles have a nice poof to it so it looks rather nice.  One mention on smell, the hair had a "smoky warehouse" type smell - which still hasn't fully left the hair.  While it is listed as "coarse" it's more slightly coarse and medium coarse blended with texture and poof - which the look makes it seem as though it's coarse.  It's soft and light, not heavy but really nice.  I want to stress, that the hair has a lot of texture which is something I really liked about both bundles.
The actual blend - I wasn't too thrilled with for the first bundle as the huge color differences in the bundles were harsh - it had to be colored to wear, the second bundle was a better blend.  When the hair arrived, it was coated in something quite heavy which completely turned me off - I mean literally, I took a few quick pictures and immediately clarified the hair cause it needed it.  It was as if it was doused in grease cause it was stringy BUT after the wash and condition the hair looked lovely.  My suggestion to Chanel was to not use whatever it was she was using...

Weft Quality:

The wefts are really flat and appear very sturdy, thin and flexible...in true "Sam Awe" style.  When I first received the hair I immediately washed the hair while still containing the band on it.  During the wash and condition, I lost about 7-10 hairs.  On my second wash, right before install, I removed the ties and washed and conditioned both bundles- in total I lost about 15 hairs for the wash, dry and condition.  Not much cause for concern - at that moment.  It wasn't until I installed the hair that I had shedding and tangling.  I installed the hair on a cap - I only cut the weft at the very top and that was once, however, the hair shed terribly.  Every brushing, I lost anywhere from 15-20 hairs and since I had tangling, that was at least 3 times a day.  Something I wasn't prepared for was the ease in which the hair fell off the weft...like literally.  I could run my hands through and lightly tug at the ends and I would have 5-7 hairs in my hand from next to no effort of pulling the hair.  I realized then that the hair was just coming off the weft.  This was by far the worst shedding experience ever for me.  Shedding and tangling...

Customer Service:

Ja'dore shipped my bundles and followed up when I received them rather quickly which was a plus.  However, when I followed up with them after returning from my trip - I forced myself to wear this hair for a little over a month and of that time, I was out of the country...I informed them of the issues I had with the hair, however, after a little over a month I have not heard back from them.  I actually didn't expect to but it is what it is.

My overall opinion, while the hair is pretty, this shedding and tangling which led to some matting was NOT a good look.  The shedding alone ruined the hair.  I damn near kicked myself for wearing this hair on my trip and not bringing a back-up cause when I say the shedding was bad I mean it.  I actually spoke to others (about 5 others) who purchased the "Russian" and the "Filipino" hair and had the same shedding and tangling issues so I know and feel their pain...not fun at all.  For the price and issues, I wouldn't recommend the hair - I took the hair down and sealed the wefts and that did NOT help - these wefts need to be re-wefted in order to save this hair...which I will re-visit another time.

Anyhow, onto the details and pictures:

2 bundles, 3.5 oz ea. - 18 inch Ja'dore Hair Boutique"Russian" Natural Straight
1 small silk closure Jacebeauty Medium Coarse 19 inch
1 -1 oz bundle Jacebeauty Medium Coarse Wavy Curly level 6 (for highlights)

Hair as received:

Hair after the wash:

Hair after install:
Natural:

Straightened:

1 FULL DAYS WORTH OF SHEDDING on 3 occasions:

Edited by MsMahoganyRed - Dec 07 2012 at 9:46pm
Sponsored Links

Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Kami612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:40pm
For those prices that shedding is ridiculous.
I loved your Jace install a lot more.
I still flick back to it because its so pretty.
Coco2Prissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coco2Prissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:42pm
Not worth it!
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

For those prices that shedding is ridiculous.
I loved your Jace install a lot more.

I still flick back to it because its so pretty.

Aww thanks Kami!  I loved that install too and was upset the I didn't take that hair with me as a back-up on my trip cause I really needed it.  SMH.  The shedding is unacceptable, completely unacceptable and was a huge pain.  I had to resort to wearing my hair pulled up or braided up because of it...but when I took this hair down - Jacebeauty went right back inLOL
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:07am
Very thorough review MMR. The shedding looks horrible and makes the hair look like poor quality type. Clearly she needs find a different wefters...nobody likes pulling hair from their body.
blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:44am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Very thorough review MMR. The shedding looks horrible and makes the hair look like poor quality type. Clearly she needs find a different wefters...nobody likes pulling hair from their body.

And hair because of the tangling love jace this is

Love B
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 6:48am
Thank you for the very detailed review and photos. Too bad about the hair because it looks so pretty 
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:07am
Looks like it has a lot of flyaway strands and split ends which are causing the tangling and matting.
Unbeweaveable21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unbeweaveable21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:54am
It's not even full from top to bottom reject!!! Yummy and jace got the Russian game on lock
tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:19am
Oh wow, that's crazy.  I would have been so upset especially if it happened while I was on travel.  I hear ya on the Jace.  I have some in now and it's lovely.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic