Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jada opens up on Willows lack of hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I didn't know about the teleprompter 

but in bhm threads Willow has said that she doesn't have time for her tutor and that she doesn't go to school and has admitted that she has trouble/can't keep up with the basics like math and reading

full autonomy is dangerous if a child isn't taught that choices have consequences, some immediate, some far reaching and instant gratification isn't always the best choice.   I agree deciding on a course of action shouldn't be motivated by fear/insecurity/etc but by effective use of information/wisdom/etc 

... quite different from do whatever you want, whenever you want, which seems to be the approach that Jada/Will and the kids are taking

She's set for life.
She can learn at any speed she wishes.
She doesn't have to go to school to get an education to work a 9-5 for the rest of her miserable life.
Nigguhs is jealous of this lil' girl.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:38pm

hair grows back or doesn't ... that isn't life altering, like at all

but education ... nah this is non-negotiable for children, education should be the main focus for all children, not turning a profit

catching up on the basics as an adult is wasting time and opportunity

I wonder if Jada/Willow realize that there are girls in the third world that are missing out on their education behind earning money ... so as forward thinking as they think they're being the results will actually be backwards

... given their resources they should make sure that their daughter takes full advantage of opportunity and that includes TIMING when opportunities are taken advantage of

A music career can wait until she's as educated as their money can afford.   If she can do both effectively, that's one thing ... but by her own admission, she can't, so they MUST either decide or help her choose what's ultimately best for her

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:42pm

how many entertainers were set for life with millions only to squander it for lack of knowledge ... her parents won't be managing her finances forever, at some point she'll have to take responsibility

and if she doesn't have a basic education, she won't have the tools to do so ... especially when she doesn't have or need a hunger for success or upward mobility

NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:49pm

how many entertainers were set for life with millions only to squander it for lack of knowledge ... her parents won't be managing her finances forever, at some point she'll have to take responsibility

and if she doesn't have a basic education, she won't have the tools to do so ... especially when she doesn't have or need a hunger for success or upward mobility

Helloooo Ricky all Willow needs is a smart husband and her finances will be straight. Bey got Jay Z on deck he even had her doing math equations in her songs. Bey don't know much about Algebra but she knows 1 + 1 = 2. I credit Jay z for that and besides Willow has her older brother Tree Bark to watch her back he was the karate kid. I know he can read because he knew all of his lines so again Willow will be fine. All she needs is a pair of leotards and Beys choreograher.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Helloooo Ricky all Willow needs is a smart husband and her finances will be straight. Bey got Jay Z on deck he even had her doing math equations in her songs. Bey don't know much about Algebra but she knows 1 + 1 = 2. I credit Jay z for that and besides Willow has her older brother Tree Bark to watch her back he was the karate kid. I know he can read because he knew all of his lines so again Willow will be fine. All she needs is a pair of leotards and Beys choreograher.

lmfaooo!

NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:54pm
When Bey turned 34 she fired her Daddy. Who needs an education to fire somebody. She's been firing people since age 8 mama Tina is next
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:54pm
While I agree with Ricky about the importance of education, we have to accept that it comes in all forms. Some untraditional forms are better than others.

Michael Jackson didn't really do much in terms of schooling, even with the home school attempts, but he was one of the most articulate and educated men in the business.

I've heard Jaden and Willow speak and their vocabulary is wider than some of the folks on this board.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I didn't know about the teleprompter 

but in bhm threads Willow has said that she doesn't have time for her tutor and that she doesn't go to school and has admitted that she has trouble/can't keep up with the basics like math and reading

full autonomy is dangerous if a child isn't taught that choices have consequences, some immediate, some far reaching and instant gratification isn't always the best choice.   I agree deciding on a course of action shouldn't be motivated by fear/insecurity/etc but by effective use of information/wisdom/etc 

... quite different from do whatever you want, whenever you want, which seems to be the approach that Jada/Will and the kids are taking

She's set for life.
She can learn at any speed she wishes.
She doesn't have to go to school to get an education to work a 9-5 for the rest of her miserable life.
Nigguhs is jealous of this lil' girl.
Damn sang.....
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by The Feminist Griote via Tumblr The Feminist Griote via Tumblr wrote:

Every time Willow does something to her hair the Black blogosphere goes crazy. One of the biggest reasons, I think some Black people have an issue with the Smith’s form of parenting is because this form of parenting doesn’t fit the “normal” Black parenting model. Too many of us either believe that we are either raised by The Huxtables, The Evans, or a crazy Madea. I call attention to these two tv families not because of their class and socioeconomic status, but because these are the two parenting styles that many of us believe that all Black people interfaced with. The Evans were strict and didn’t run a democratic household. While the Huxtables appeared to be more democratic, and tended to rationalize with their kids more, but at the end of the day it was Claire or Cliff’s way. The Smith’s in my opinion are not adopting a new parenting model, it simply may be new for many of us who are Black and Brown. Will and Jada don’t treat their children like objects that they posses or facsimiles of themselves. They see their roles as parents in relation to their kids in a more egalitarian fashion. Will and Jada approach their power as parents differently, their power that doesn’t seek to silence or oppress the power and individuality of their children.

Willow as a little girl is learning that she is a force to be reckoned with in this world, and that her gender, and gender presentation will not serve as impediments. Jada who is now championing the cause against human sex trafficking, of which girls are disproportionately victims, understands that women need to own themselves fully, if not someone else will. Girls are being trafficked at an alarming rate and not just abroad, but also in our own backyards. In the U.S. alone 80% of human sex trafficking victims are women and girls and 50% are minors. Jada is making the conscious choice to take her daughter along with her on her journey to help end human sex trafficking. In a world where little girls are raped, stolen, and sold as a commodity, hair isn’t all that important. Sometimes I wonder, have some of us adult Black women forgotten what it’s like to be a little Black girl in a white heterosexual patriarchal society? Again to quote Lorde, “easier to crucify myself in you than to take on the threatening universe of whiteness…” Our Black bodies and Black psyches are always being assailed and violated. Healthy validation is often hard to come by in these streets riddled with harassment. Therefore, let us save our vitriol and condemnation for more important things like the perpetuation of rape culture or Donald Trump.

And before anyone says it, it is that deep and y'all know it. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:43pm
Michael Jackson also had financial troubles that he should never have had given his record and tour sales 

Non-traditional education is something we all should keep pursuing

but a child ... they need the basics, something for the non-traditional education to build on

When a child admits trouble with the basics that's a cry for help, imho ... even if she doesn't realize it

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic