Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jada opens up on Willows lack of hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

And no way in this world is my daughter going to be walking this earth with 1 inch of hair on her head, no, no, no.

why?? if thats what she likes and it not hurting her or anyone else? i would be happy my daughter is confident and secure in who she is.
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

her hair isn't weird to me. many girls in africa walk around with the same low cut hair style. i just don't care
Sponsored Links

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (22) Thanks(22)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:24pm
I agree with her.

Inferiority is taught. They've done studies on it. Women have come a long way but we still have a long way to go mental wise.

I fight it at work all the time. A simple notion that my voice doesn't matter, or that I should only be concerned with certain things with "looks" being on the top of the list. It's really sickening to me.

It ain't what's on your head, it's what is in it and based on some of the posts on this board a whole lot of you need to try to get more into your heads than onto them.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:37pm
A lot of Black women would be more accepting/not question Willow rocking a 22" weave than cutting all of her hair off.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I agree with her.

Inferiority is taught. They've done studies on it. Women have come a long way but we still have a long way to go mental wise.

I fight it at work all the time. A simple notion that my voice doesn't matter, or that I should only be concerned with certain things with "looks" being on the top of the list. It's really sickening to me.

It ain't what's on your head, it's what is in it and based on some of the posts on this board a whole lot of you need to try to get more into your heads than onto them.

yay.

Hi patti!
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I agree with her.

yay.

Hi patti!
Hey Purps!
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Why is Jaden in a bikini? First you let willow cut her hair, and now your son is in a two piece? I don't get it. Nice abs tho.
LOL......is this a joke?

Yes it is. LOL
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:22am
everytime jada says she lets her kids express themselves...im pretty sure she just means they're outta control.

do they ever ask will how he feels about the way willow looks?

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:29am
Jada used to have the same hairstyle back in the day. She is just like her mom. If I had the head and forehead for it, I would have rocked the ceez too at some point in my adolescence. I like Jada's point of view.
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TransitAngst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:19am
I used to wear crazy outfits and makeup that scared adults and had weird hair (not that Willow's is weird; her hair looks perfectly normal). My parents let me see for myself that I looked stupid and I learned to present myself in a flattering way. If they held me down and forced me to look the way they wanted me to look, I'd probably be looking like crap, now that I'm on my own and out of their grasp.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:44am

I agree with her.

Bless this post
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair