Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

J Cole and Holly Robinson Peete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

I don't really like her

this about sums it up. it's ok.. she's not my cup of tea either. LOL
Sponsored Links

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:48pm

Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Autism and mental retardation is not the same thing. I wish uninformed people would just shut the f#ck up and read a book.

You have to proofread if you're making statements like this.

Lmao
But yet you understood exactly what I meant. He should not equate autism to mental retardation if he does not understand it.I really do not care because he is a B list rapper and his opinions and metaphors don't matter to me.

Star not all autism cases are the same. You have some that are on the higher spectrum and the lower spectrum.
I am well aware of the autistic spectrum. Even children on the high end of the spectrum are not necessarily mentally retarded. There are some autistic children with delayed cognitive functioning but it is not always the case and a separate issue. Just like some autistic children have ADHD 2 separate diagnosis. Trust me when I say I know a lot about autism.

And I do too. I understand what you are saying. I also understand that autism is not a form of mental retardation. I just wanted to chime in on the fact that not one case of autism is the same and the effects of autism varies from child to child. People who are not educated on autism will and always will think autism equates to mental retardation. My problem is this Holly had no problem with Cube but now wants to zone in on Cole for doing something that was equally offensive. I don't really like her
I was not trying to say you don't know about autism, I was just trying to let you know I understand the range and variety of the spectrum. I do agree that Holly is being selective with her outrage but I get really annoyed when people equate autism to mental retardation just a personal pet peeve.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jul 23 2013 at 6:49pm
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:50pm
I hear you Star. You cooked yet? I made teriyaki chicken and brown rice. I threw down tonight. I was not playing
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:54pm

I hear you Star. You cooked yet? I made teriyaki chicken and brown rice. I threw down tonight. I was not playing
Chicken Terryaki sounds real good. I threw down on some grilled lamb and potatoes with stuffed shrimp yesterday made my own mint pesto and all. There are leftovers and DH is out and one of my twins is sick and on the BRAT diet so no reason to cook.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:57pm
Yeah,so when ever autism is talked about in a negative way I expect her to do the exact same thing... I wonder what her excuse is for letting it ride in that damn movie...cause i know they ain't pay her as* that much for a cameo...and the money shoudnt even matter if you so down for the cause...
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:02pm
she called them on it . see the BOLD red....

Exclusive: Holly Robinson Peete 'Gives Props' to '21 Jump Street' Movie

By Yolanda Sangweni
0 Comments
Holly Robinson Peete burst on the scene in the now iconic 80s cop TV drama, 21 Jump Street. Twenty five years later, she's back on the screen (albeit a few minutes) as police officer Judy Hoffs in the buzzed-about remake starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.

The actress says she was "pleasantly surprised" by the remake despite criticisms from die-hard 21 Jump Street fans who think the classic should be left alone. "I can understand where they're coming from," she tells ESSENCE.com, "but I think they'll see that it's been executed and updated in a clever way. I have to give props to everyone involved, especially Jonah Hill."

As for her cameo, Peete says she's ecstatic but can't understand how Hoffs got demoted from detective in the original TV show, to officer in the remake. "I'm gonna let that slide," she jokes. "I must have done something wrong because I sure did work hard to be detective back then."

All the buzz about the remake hasn't been without its controversy. A scene where Ice Cube's character uses the term "autistic" as an insult towards Hill’s character has caught the ire of autism advocates like Peete who says she spoke with Sony Pictures and the movie's co-director, Phil Lord. "They were trying to be funny, and didn't realize how this word can be a lightening rod," she says. "I was able to speak with director Phil and Sony and they were so compassionate. I think it was a really good teaching moment."

Will you be seeing the remake of 21 Jump Street?

Edited by melikey - Jul 23 2013 at 7:03pm
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:14pm
Yet they still used the line,she still made a cameo...thus received a check...
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

niccas be crying over the most retarded shyt.

LOL
I remember a professor of mine told me that in one of the council meetings a they discussed if they can tell a mentally challenged person that they are tardy if they arrived to class late.Confused
Anyways
His apology seemed genuine. He felt it was necessary..sooo are opinions don't really matter
If i was him tho.. i wouldn't have apologized its jus fuking word play.. ppl get offended about every single thing.. sh*t's annoying..

Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Yet they still used the line,she still made a cameo...thus received a check...

Im sayin...
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:26pm
He don't owe her a damn thing.. She don't like it, then she can keep it moving.. It's sucks he said it, but there are bigger things for her to be worrying about instead of focusing in on j. cole.. All these other artist that said similar stuff and now she want to focus on him..

Edited by EasterBell - Jul 23 2013 at 7:26pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic