BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

J Cole and Holly Robinson Peete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Autism and mental retardation is not the same thing. I wish uninformed people would just shut the f#ck up and read a book.

You have to proofread if you're making statements like this.

Lmao
But yet you understood exactly what I meant. He should not equate autism to mental retardation if he does not understand it.I really do not care because he is a B list rapper and his opinions and metaphors don't matter to me.

Star not all autism cases are the same. You have some that are on the higher spectrum and the lower spectrum.
I am well aware of the autistic spectrum. Even children on the high end of the spectrum are not necessarily mentally retarded. There are some autistic children with delayed cognitive functioning but it is not always the case and a separate issue. Just like some autistic children have ADHD 2 separate diagnosis. Trust me when I say I know a lot about autism.
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:34pm
yes nadia...for example, on the high spectrum, the autistic character depicted in rain man,  stuttered and repeated the same thing over and over and over.  of course, stuttering and repeating aren't traits a rapper could ever become famous for...and would probably be considered slow, crazy ect ect ect in that regard.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:37pm

We can agree to disagree

Handshake

yea...he apologized anyway, so he obviously felt it to be in bad taste...
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:37pm

Autism and mental retardation is not the same thing. I wish uninformed people would just shut the f#ck up and read a book.

Lmao
But yet you understood exactly what I meant. He should not equate autism to mental retardation if he does not understand it.I really do not care because he is a B list rapper and his opinions and metaphors don't matter to me.

Star not all autism cases are the same. You have some that are on the higher spectrum and the lower spectrum.
I am well aware of the autistic spectrum. Even children on the high end of the spectrum are not necessarily mentally retarded. There are some autistic children with delayed cognitive functioning but it is not always the case and a separate issue. Just like some autistic children have ADHD 2 separate diagnosis. Trust me when I say I know a lot about autism.

And I do too. I understand what you are saying. I also understand that autism is not a form of mental retardation. I just wanted to chime in on the fact that not one case of autism is the same and the effects of autism varies from child to child. People who are not educated on autism will and always will think autism equates to mental retardation. My problem is this Holly had no problem with Cube but now wants to zone in on Cole for doing something that was equally offensive. I don't really like her
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

yes nadia...for example, on the high spectrum, the autistic character depicted in rain man,  stuttered and repeated the same thing over and over and over.  of course, stuttering and repeating aren't traits a rapper could ever become famous for...and would probably be considered slow, crazy ect ect ect in that regard.

I've never seen that movie TC but that lady who had that movie made about her life has aspergers. I can;'t remember the movie but it had horses in it. I also learned that Dorthy Dandridges' daughter had a form of autism but back then they really weren't educated on autism so they classified her as mentally retarded because she was non-verbal and put her in a home.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:45pm

I don't really like her

this about sums it up. it's ok.. she's not my cup of tea either. LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:48pm

Lmao

And I do too. I understand what you are saying. I also understand that autism is not a form of mental retardation. I just wanted to chime in on the fact that not one case of autism is the same and the effects of autism varies from child to child. People who are not educated on autism will and always will think autism equates to mental retardation. My problem is this Holly had no problem with Cube but now wants to zone in on Cole for doing something that was equally offensive. I don't really like her
I was not trying to say you don't know about autism, I was just trying to let you know I understand the range and variety of the spectrum. I do agree that Holly is being selective with her outrage but I get really annoyed when people equate autism to mental retardation just a personal pet peeve.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jul 23 2013 at 6:49pm
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:50pm
I hear you Star. You cooked yet? I made teriyaki chicken and brown rice. I threw down tonight. I was not playing
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:54pm

I hear you Star. You cooked yet? I made teriyaki chicken and brown rice. I threw down tonight. I was not playing
Chicken Terryaki sounds real good. I threw down on some grilled lamb and potatoes with stuffed shrimp yesterday made my own mint pesto and all. There are leftovers and DH is out and one of my twins is sick and on the BRAT diet so no reason to cook.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 6:57pm
Yeah,so when ever autism is talked about in a negative way I expect her to do the exact same thing... I wonder what her excuse is for letting it ride in that damn movie...cause i know they ain't pay her as* that much for a cameo...and the money shoudnt even matter if you so down for the cause...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic