BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

J Cole and Holly Robinson Peete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:42pm

i also don't see why anyone would be mad at him for apologizing if he honestly felt compelled to do so.  i mean unless the real argument is that he isn't being sincere, i don't get it...

Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:57pm
All this apologizing is stupid.
I hate politically correctness.
If you gone say the sh*t then stand by your words.
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i also don't see why anyone would be mad at him for apologizing if he honestly felt compelled to do so.  i mean unless the real argument is that he isn't being sincere, i don't get it...

I thought his apology was genuine.  I liked the way he did it also.  It was real, unlike that Paula Deen apology.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

All this apologizing is stupid.
I hate politically correctness.
If you gone say the sh*t then stand by your words.

even if you actually have a change of heart?  stand by it for what?  for who?  just cause?  i mean i understand standing up for oneself if one believes they are standing on something.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:27pm
I didn't read the apology letter...is he going to change the lyrics permanently?  When he performs the song what is he going to do?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:29pm
I don't say anything I can't stand by. 
I doubt he would have had a "change of heart" if he wasn't called on it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I didn't read the apology letter...is he going to change the lyrics permanently?  When he performs the song what is he going to do?

well...he started off by stating that he doesn't really like it (or respond) when artists are pressured to apologize for ruffling feathers.  but that he didn't really feel this situation fell into that category (for himself) and that it genuinely made him ashamed after hearing how others were affected by the lyrics.  so, it will be interesting to see if he censors the lyrics from that song moving forward...
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:38pm
"Im a born sinner, but I die better than that. I swear." (love that song)

I personally don't care any way. But If it was important for him to apologize, I can respect that.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jul 23 2013 at 3:39pm
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I think so. Drake apologized too and added this:

In his note, Drake concluded, "I’m grateful for the opportunity to try to right this wrong. J. Cole and I believe that it is the right, responsible and respectful decision to remove the lyric from the song."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/drake-adds-to-j-coles-apology-for-autism-lyric-20130723#ixzz2Zu3AGeQt 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't say anything I can't stand by. 
I doubt he would have had a "change of heart" if he wasn't called on it.

well...in life, i've definately said/done things i've had to apologize for after the fact.  some where i figured the wrecklessness out on my own.  some where it was actually brought to my attention.  either way, i have no problem owning up to my mistakes...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic