Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Iyanla Fix My Life...Season 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:43pm
yeah I thought the neighbors were gawkers but they seemed to genuinely miss her

Ive often wondered why they don't feed them fruit, vegetables, meat and go light on the carbs when they are like 500 lbs and can't feed themselves
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:44pm
I've enjoyed this thread. As a textbook cancer sign and a chronic know it all and an occasional germaphobe, I cringe at the thought of Iyanla, etc touching me, yet, I am sometimes touchy as hell and frequently touch to communicate, to convey feelings and to get my point acrossLOL The know it all in me is constantly critiquing Iyanla's advice and judging her for verbally abusing, shaming, giving bad advice and trying to portray the big black mammy 'come cry into my bosum, baby' stereotypical role but yet, i have to watch the show every few months like the rest of my explotative reality shows.

Edited by NJHairLuv - May 19 2014 at 2:53pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:46pm
she's a diabetic and has high blood pressure (my grandma)

she's already having issues with her vision...she hides candy in her dresser and eats whatever she wants

many of her relatives have gone blind and lost limbs and she has the power to prevent this...why it angers me a little

Edited by femmefatale85 - May 19 2014 at 2:46pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

yeah I thought the neighbors were gawkers but they seemed to genuinely miss her

that was so sweet and showed that people  missed her and reminded her that she did used to  have a life.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:55pm
femme my grandmother was the same until she came to live with me. I am allllllll the way into her business and we've had BATTLES but now her A1C is normal and even her kidney function is almost normal 

She's a strong personality with a slick mouth lol so she needed constant attention but it's all good now

One of you need to get into grandmaman's business before she loses a foot or ends up on dialysis which will be more headaches ... good luck with your grandma

Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I've enjoyed this thread. As a textbook cancer sign and a chronic know it all and an occasional germaphobe, I cringe at the thought of Iyanla, etc touching me, yet, I am sometimes touchy azz hell and touch to communicate and to get my point acrossLOL The know it all in me is constantly critiquing Iyanla's advice and judging her for verbally abusing, shaming, giving bad advice and trying to portray the big black mammy 'come cry into my bosum, baby' stereotypical role but yet, i have to watch the show every few months like the rest of my explotative reality shows.

^^^EXACTLY^^^ once i see the commercials for her show while watching something on "O" network that's more than enough for me, everything on her show is SOOOO heartwrenching, well for that matter i dont watch dr.phil either
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:05pm
yes I thought of the mammy thing and that these people need professional help but then I think perhaps a pro wouldn't get through to them as quickly if at all

I avoided this show too, rolled my eyes at the commercials but I watched an episode by accident and ended up watching the rest on dvr lol

Can we talk about the 7ft man with hands as big as dinner plates beat his wife and didn't know it was abuse?
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:15pm
idk...my grandparents are very independent

We c
an't tell her anything...she currently doesnt need anything from us and she's used to being in control 

she probably won't listen until it's too late
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:17pm
which one was that Ricky? I record her show but rarely get to watch it anymore. 1st season I was watching every show though.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

yes I thought of the mammy thing and that these people need professional help but then I think perhaps a pro wouldn't get through to them as quickly if at all

I avoided this show too, rolled my eyes at the commercials but I watched an episode by accident and ended up watching the rest on dvr lol

Can we talk about the 7ft man with hands as big as dinner plates beat his wife and didn't know it was abuse?

giiiirlll. the one who choked his wife? smdh. that sh*t was ridiculous.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic