Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I've only been flat ironing for 10 days and ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I've only been flat ironing for 10 days and ...

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've only been flat ironing for 10 days and ...
    Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 12:55pm
I 've been flat ironing my leave out for clip in extensions for 10 days and already it's a loose pattern. May have gone down from 4A/3C mix to a complete 3B...nonetheless, I like it.

I admit, it's been on high heat but I've been using John Frieda heat protectant and split end protectant (i think that's what it is). I did this because my KC full lace wig was acting up so I decided to ditch it and use light yaki (yes, light yaki :/) clip ins while saving some money up for my KC wefts (maybe from KinkyCurlyYaki). 

Should I try to flat iron the rest of my hair (not as much as I did for the leaveout) to attempt to loosen the curl pattern as well? Also, why did it loosen so quick? 
Sponsored Links

peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 12:56pm
I'm sorry, I meant it went down from 4a/3C mix to a complete 3C
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 1:08pm
It could be heat damaged. There's also a "technique" called heat training or thermalaxing to purposefully loosen curl patterns with heat to avoid chemical straighteners. I don't know much about it but it's on youtube, someone posted videos of a girl doing it before. I think I'd rather just get a relaxer than heat train my hair, but that is just me. Maybe it's for you.

Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

I 've been flat ironing my leave out for clip in extensions for 10 days and already it's a loose pattern. May have gone down from 4A/3C mix to a complete 3B...nonetheless, I like it.

I admit, it's been on high heat but I've been using John Frieda heat protectant and split end protectant (i think that's what it is). I did this because my KC full lace wig was acting up so I decided to ditch it and use light yaki (yes, light yaki :/) clip ins while saving some money up for my KC wefts (maybe from KinkyCurlyYaki). 

Should I try to flat iron the rest of my hair (not as much as I did for the leaveout) to attempt to loosen the curl pattern as well? Also, why did it loosen so quick? 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:17am
Your hair could have changed cause you use heat regularly if you do the rest gave your hair time to avoid breakage.
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

*sigh*Disapprove BHM just ate my post to you twice. The third time is a charm.

Anyway, the change in your hair texture may not be permanent.  Sometimes it takes a few times after washing for your texture to change back to normal.  You could try to heat train the rest of your hair for uniformity, but just know that doing so comes with a risk of permanent damage.  I attached two videos on heat training from a popular BHMer.

lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 10:32am
Everyones hair is different, I noticed the first time i straighten my hair my hair pattern has defiantly change. My hair wont revert back to its original texture. Its been a yr since I last used a flat iron and im still trying to get rid of the straight ends.
nostalgiajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nostalgiajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 12:07am
Some folks have success in getting their pattern back with a beer rinse. Good luck! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply