Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Health Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

IUD BIRTH CONTROL

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
everbee1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everbee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IUD BIRTH CONTROL
    Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 12:17am
I have had my Mirena for just over a year and a half and love it. My string is usually about 2 inches, but today I checked and it was MAYBE half an inch. I tugged it a bit because sometimes its tucked in my vaginal walls, but that was not the case this time. The string came down and now I can feel the tip of the rod sticking out. My cervix is dilated to the size of the tip of my pinky finger. I started cramping immediately but there is no blood present and I already got my period 2 weeks ago. I cant see my doctor until late next week.

What causes the cervix to dilate? And if the Mirena manages to stay in until I see my doctor, can it be repositioned?[\B]
Sponsored Links

redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 7:23pm

YOU SHOULD GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR ASAP, JUST IN CASE

val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val48066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 1:28pm
I hope you've been to the doctor already. Once you get this taken care of, find a new gyno. You should have been seen right away for an IUD displacement.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 9:26pm
IUD's are of the devil. I have Paragard....I've felt sick since they put it in and now they are going to have to surgically remove it because the strings disappeared. I learned my lesson. Never again.
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 3:02pm
I had Mirena. It was a nightmare!!!
LushHair_Fein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LushHair_Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 4:32pm
I have the Mirena now...

Still weighing the pros and cons...

Less bleeding, but having a hard time understanding the signs my body gives now... Confused
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 5:14pm
there is a new implantation that i was told about just yesterday if you want to ask about it. its estrogen free, its called implanon and they insert it on your arm. 

i was told about iud, but i'm honestly scared of it and scared that i will end up getting irritated and it will hurt.
mamalicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:22am
Hey ladies,

Last year I had an IUD(mirena) inserted with no problems. But last month I seems to be having issues with it. My eyes are getting blurry during the day, they can't stay focus at times and are sensitive to the sun(only my right eye) also I have this whirl or vibrating sound in my ear very annoying. Sometimes it is difficult for me to drive. I am not sure what causing this. Doctors did a few test and finds nothing so I'm assuming it's the mirena. Just want to know if any of you have experience some of those things while on the mirena. Please reply. I want to know before I get it removed.
JustMe90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustMe90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 7:19pm
I was definitely considering such form of birth control, but I've always being afraid of foreign objects in the body.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:54am
I have Mirena now. This is my first time using an IUD. I used to be on the pill before I got pregnant last year, obviously that didn't work well for me.  I was very worried about the possibility of the IUD going through my uterine wall, but I didn't want Implanon so I went with it. 

Insertion hurt for me, but I'm sensitive down there anyway The cramps came immediately afterwards, but didnt last long. I took Ibuprofen that entire week and didnt feel anything else. After the first couple of weeks after I had it inserted, I start bleeding like a regular period for 7 full days (my normal period is just 3 days so that pissed me off). Then, I was spotting for an entire month afterwards. Some people say the IUD stalls their weight loss, or causes them to gain, but luckily I haven't had that problem.

I've only been on Mirena since March, so I haven't experienced much more after that. If something else happens, I'll post it. I don't know if I like it or not yet. My doctor said the random spotting and irregular periods should only last the first 3 months, then taper off until it stops completely. We shall see...

Edited by Allure. - May 05 2013 at 1:55am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style