Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Its not even safe to go to the bathroom anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedIts not even safe to go to the bathroom anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AlmondEyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its not even safe to go to the bathroom anymore
    Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:24pm
I'm at work and I decide to go to the bathroom. Its my right to go pee if I need to right? I notice this black girl look at me kinda weird but I didnt care about that. I was in a great mood and didnt feel like letting anyone bring that down, at least not while I am at work and everyone can see. So I get in there, do my thing and walk out the stall. Lo and behold the same girl from before comes out another stall, washes her hands and  then it comes:

Girl: Excuse me, can I ask you a personal question?
Me: ErmmConfused
Girl: Actually its ok....can I ask you...no its ok
So I turn around and finish washimg my hands, and give myself a quick once over in the mirror
Girl: Its just that I was wondering if you've ever heard of lacefront wigs. I saw a article in a magazine.

Girl steps closer
I step back

Girl: But now I can see its your hair. Its just that at first I thought it was a lf but now I can see its yours. Have you ever heard of lacefronts before?
Me: No
Girl: Oh ok

Girl #2 walks out the stall joins the convo stating she heard of them because thats what Beyonce wears.

Me: Pinch *alrighty then*
Girl #2: *steps forward* Its your hair but...is it your hair...let me see.
Me: *Does a 180 degree turn* No!
I head for the door
Girl #2: Is it your hair.
Me: Yes!
Girl #1: Ohh ok. I dont meant to offend.

SO I leave the bathroom and half way out the door Girl #1 follows asking if I am offended. I smile and say no and keep walking. Now I cant even go take a pee without being cornered

You know..it doesnt cease to amaze me how some Black girls are so insecure that they feel compelled to come up to you and ask questions about your realness of your hair. Why does it matter???? Whose head is it on, is what I wonder everytime they ask me stupid questions like that????

White girls dont do that mess to each other. I have sat and watched White girls, Spanish girls and Chinese girls rocking weaves, pony tails and its nothing to them. It doesnt come up in the convo and I have had many friends from these cultures. No one asks nothing. Why do black girls feel the need to do this? Its this insesant insecurity that they have within themselves. Its even hard for us to be friends with each other without tearing e/o down.  I would never ask anyone that question. Its not my business and if I cant tell by lookin at it then it wasnt meant for me to know. Flat out!! Ouch

Edited by AlmondEyes - Aug 30 2006 at 6:27pm
Sponsored Links

CARGIA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:30pm
people are just plain rude
AsianCaramel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:31pm
i would have had to bitch slap somebody...if she was all up in my hair like that...lol
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:36pm
Geez, that is crazy!!!
chuladi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:36pm
I don't think she's insecure just because she asked you about your hair, she's just curious.

ETA:

I don't see why people get so defensive about wearing wigs.

Edited by chuladi - Aug 30 2006 at 6:37pm
lovelynatural81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:38pm
Oh girl I know what you mean..I was at Walgreens the other day wearing my Kevcn curly and I have my sons with me.I see this black women make a B-line for the  for me in the aisle.She keeps trying to get a look at my hairline.I thought it was me then my son says"why are you staring at my mommy?" she looks up and moved to the other end of the aisle.I laughed and paid her no mind until I saw that she was just following me form aisle to aisle.I grabbed my essense mag and headed for the check out.Here is this chick hot on my trail.She didnt say a word just kept staring.I walked out to the parking lot and waited for that *ss and low and behold here she comes running to the parking lot and just as she got up to my car............

I PULLED AWAY WITH THE QUICKNESS!!!!...mean maybe but if you have something to say...then say it,,,cause I hate when people stare and think that you dont know they are staring.So you keep doing your thing girl....shake them off
bronxbabychula View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:40pm

asiancaramel your so prettySmile

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:40pm
its called hateration, they gotta find something wrong with you to make themselves feel betta if you're not as hot as THEY think you are.. they want that to stop!!! immediately so they don't feel so bad for not living up to their own standards of what's cute.. stupid!
CherryPrincess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:42pm
I am amazed by some of the stuff some of you ladies have said to you.  Even if I suspected someone's hair wasn't there I would NEVER take the chance of hurting their feelings. And what if by chance that person is wearing a wig because of medical reasons?  People are tacky and mean spirited.
hiatus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2006 at 6:42pm
I don't know. Is it rude? I mean, at work today, I complimented a coworker on her 'do. Of course I know it's a weave, her hair was half as long 2 days ago! But then she said "it's an instant weave". And I asked more questions b/c I thought she meant the 3/4 wig-type of instant weave, but she meant  something else so we started talking

Anyway....*my* first thought when I read your OP was that it was a BHM forum member and she was trying to beat around the bush about it. Remember the thread wehre the poster got on the elevator w/someone else w/ a lf and someone suggested next time she say something like "ever heard of BHM'" Ah well, I don't know....

I think she *did* know it was a lf though and that was why she mentioned it. SleepyWhich then makes it kind of rude if she did. But I think she could tell and that's why she mentioned it. Dont' feel bad, though, I'm sure you were rockin' your style fierce!Smile

Edited by hiatus - Aug 30 2006 at 6:45pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic