Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedits even in New Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: its even in New Mexico
    Posted: Apr 13 2011 at 10:14am
I needed to have a  crown replaced before traveling from Santa fe, New Mexico to another state.  I called up 1800dentist, and chose the only dentist that was "registered" with their company. 

New Mexico, is state that has a high populace of hispanics then whites, a sprinkling of blacks, asians, etc... if you're from places like New York,  northern CA, etc., you have to "put on the brakes".. it's a very laid back area, and in certain areas, you're expectations of "service" and "hustle" have to be put on hold for a while.

When i walked into the dentist office.. it was obvious that they truly want to put on a good impression. Very ambient lighting, indoor water falls, very professional staff, etc. 

Then i noticed something.. There wasn't one brown or dark skinned hispanic in the place.. The head dentist was a light skinned hispanic. with absolutely no accent.  The rest of the staff was the same, light skinned, without a trace of an accent.  they would speak it if they "had" to.. but otherwise..

The light skinned hispanics were the ones that worked with the patients, or in the front office.. the only "Morenas" or "Negras" i encountered were either cleaning instruments  or janitorial..
Sponsored Links

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2011 at 12:55am
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2011 at 12:55am
Thats messd up
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2011 at 1:18am
yep color discrimination is in all races. so sad!
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2011 at 1:18am
how do you like New Mexico? do u experience a lot of discrimination there?
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2011 at 11:57am
The people in general?  no one gives a rat's a*&&s about your race.:)  You never see white folks staring you down.  Except maybe one or two of the hispanics and the american indians, that's where you'll find some ignorance.  but not much. 

There are a few black folks living mostly in Albuquerque.  the black men have nothing to do with there own kind...

when i arrived there, i was supposed to meet a couple of  AA friends of our realtors.  One of them was a medical "consultant", the other a physician.  the consultant was on the phone with me for about 10 mins. after realizing i was AA - he got off the phone.  the physician, apparently found out through the realtor that he and i were the same color, and never showed up for a luncheon date.

Neither of them, ever seeing me. LOL..

The only time i've ever experienced prejudice is on the ski-slopes..the ski patrol guys took a while to get over of their absolute shock, then you have most of the hispanics, folks from TX, and folks that come from the deep south .. you should see the looks on their faces when they see me coming down the slope!  some of them have whipped out camcorders,  cameras, use their cell phone camcorder/cameras, to record me... the staring, text messaging, racial slurs,  finger pointing all day can get pretty annoying after a few hours.  especially after two weeks of solid ski-ing.

Many of the folks from the south, have "confessed" to me while we're riding up on the ski-lifts that they were told from their AA friends  that "black folks don't ski"..

So.. to be honest?  the only people that aren't accepting of AA's? are our own..:(

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic