Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives > Lace Front Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedItchy scalp! HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LF_destroyer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Itchy scalp! HELP!!!!
    Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 5:25pm
Hey ladies, I'm here with yet another question.

What do you all do to keep your scalp from itching under your LF?  I typically keep my hair moisturized, and it's washed weekly...yet after just a couple of days, I am suffering from a big case of the itchies!  What can I do to keep my scalp from getting itchy like that?  Is there anything I can do while the unit is on, or am I forced to simply mess up a beautiful app and just take it off and scratch to my heart's content?  Any information on how you ladies deal with this would be helpful.  Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by LF_destroyer LF_destroyer wrote:

Hey ladies, I'm here with yet another question.

What do you all do to keep your scalp from itching under your LF?  I typically keep my hair moisturized, and it's washed weekly...yet after just a couple of days, I am suffering from a big case of the itchies!  What can I do to keep my scalp from getting itchy like that?  Is there anything I can do while the unit is on, or am I forced to simply mess up a beautiful app and just take it off and scratch to my heart's content?  Any information on how you ladies deal with this would be helpful.  Thanks!
Let me know when you get the answer....I've noticed that as well.  I'm forced to take my lf off every 5 days because I'm good until day 4 then all hell breaks loose and off she comes on day 5. I've even started that weave pat....my mom hates it when she catches me patting my head like crazy because it itches soooooooooo bad.  I've been lurking on the weave threads, looking to see what they suggest...All I've gotten from their posts are use witch hazel...really no help for me.
MDFLDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 5:48pm
i recently used the Neutrogena TGel and it has worked wonders on my scalp. well actually my process went like this:

1)took unit off-actually it was day five for me.
2)took my braids down in my hair.
3)used some Organic Root Stimulator Scalp Scrub.  this is mixed with baking soda and helps to stimulate the follicles and scalp. parted my hair and applied this paste to the sections using a soft toothbrush.  i let that sit for the recommended 20 minutes with a plastic cap on.
4)rinsed the scrub out of my hair with warm water and then applied the TGel to my hair and scalp.  let me tell you that felt so good.  the TGel says to let it sit on the hair and scalp for several minutes before washing out.  i think mine was on for 10-15 minutes.
5)rinsed the TGel out for a while and then followed up with Elasta QP Intense conditioner.  i love the way that stuff smells-just like bananas to me.

so far (2 days) my head has not itched at all.  usually my hair starts itching immediately after i put my unit on my head. so far so good.

this is just my experience..............................................................
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 6:00pm
I have the same problem.

My hair is just too dry!
Today I washed my own hair and conditioned it with the Silicon mix (my own hair and my unit). Then I wraped it in plastic wrap and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes.

Okay - washed it all out - put on some ORS Olive oil then topped it with oil and later put my unit back on. What a difference! I still itch a little every once and a while but it's NOTHING like it was this time yesterday.

I think I need to repeat this every 3 -4 days until I restore the moisture to my hair.  :))
MattieMyGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 6:00pm
I like Tea Tree Oil........and I thougt I was the only one that patted the hell out of her head!!!  Some days I'm suprised I don't knock myself out! Tea Tree Oil, for me, has cut down on this significantly!
rita86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 6:12pm
a GOOD FRIEND OF MINE RECOMMENDED ANTIHISTAMINE CREAM FROM THE CHEMIST. SHE SAYS IT WORKS A TREAT.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 6:23pm
i use the human formula of MTG which also gives great hair growth.. as long as you can use sulfur it really helps stop the itching.. http://www.suluhair.com/ also i've gone to health food stores and make up my own hair oils for the scalp, i put together pure pharmaceutical grade Tee Tree Oil, pure herbal nettle extract, saw palemett oil, and peppermint leaf extract.. mix it up and add to the scalp and no more itching.. not to mention its food for the follicles to promote growth..
sheardiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 7:01pm
i bought this garlic shampoo from sickbay.com and it works great , your hair itches from yeast on the scalp (dandruff, so we call it) and this antibacterial shampoo controls it, but only apply these shampoos to the scalp and let sit for 10 min then apply a moisturizing shampoo.
LF_destroyer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 9:21pm
Thank you ladies for your help, because I have beating my head up with the "weave pat" too.
venia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i use the human formula of MTG which also gives great hair growth.. as long as you can use sulfur it really helps stop the itching.. http://www.suluhair.com/ also i've gone to health food stores and make up my own hair oils for the scalp, i put together pure pharmaceutical grade Tee Tree Oil, pure herbal nettle extract, saw palemett oil, and peppermint leaf extract.. mix it up and add to the scalp and no more itching.. not to mention its food for the follicles to promote growth..

Adding to what Sexi said because I love mixing up my own stuff too...

Fractionated Coconut Oil (not the same one for cooking - this is cosmetic grade) as a carrier oil mixed with any of the oils that were listed above is great. For itchy dry scalp, I also like Essential Oil of Rosemary, Sage, and Thyme. Not only do they smell good, but they are therapeutic. I also dissolve menthol crystals into my oils as well. It feels soooo good on the scalp. Peppermint Oil does the same thing because it naturally contains menthol, but I like mine strong so I use the menthol.

I am experimenting with pine tar right now... recommended for eczema and psoriasis, so why wouldn't it work on an itchy scalp? But it's so sticky, I haven't figured out how to disperse it yet in a leave-in product.

There are so many home remedies. I am sure you will find something that works for you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic