Perfect Hair Collection

itchy scalp and braids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kandi*tess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandi*tess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: itchy scalp and braids
    Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 12:48pm
what type of hair do you use? i know kanekalon hair can irritate the scalps of some people.

REMOVING THE ALKALINE BASE
You have an option to take the alkaline base off the Kanekalon hair by soaking the extended hair in vinegar and water. A sink full of water, 1 cup of regular vinegar. Soak 15 minutes, rinse, air dry. Spray braid spray on this hair piece by piece when apply to your hair. The alkaline base irritate the scalp in some.

Sponsored Links

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by kandi*tess kandi*tess wrote:

what type of hair do you use? i know kanekalon hair can irritate the scalps of some people.

You have an option to take the alkaline base off the Kanekalon hair by soaking the extended hair in vinegar and water. A sink full of water, 1 cup of regular vinegar. Soak 15 minutes, rinse, air dry. Spray braid spray on this hair piece by piece when apply to your hair. The alkaline base irritate the scalp in some.

I forgot to do this
 no wonder my head is itching all crazy ! lol
Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 4:26pm
I wish i read this earlier.. 
O man i braided my hair in cornrows nd ive been itching like a crazy woman holayy!!!
Next time i will do this for sure!
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 4:43pm
Did you use something new in your regimen that could be the culprit? Or it could be the wig?
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 9:03pm
that happened the last time I had a sew-in. my scalp was itching so bad I felt it was on fire. omg, my head is starting to itch now just thinking about it!

I couldn't figure out the culprit, because I didn't do anything different from my other sew-ins (and I was reusing hair I had before, so it wasn't the weave). I decided it had to be the weather because my skin had been extra dry.

hope you figure it out.
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by kandi*tess kandi*tess wrote:

I swear by this. Itchy weave/brasids GONE FOREVER!
dragon_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:09pm
yes, i agree with the ladies above. putting the hair in water and vinegar solved my itchy scalp also.
mocherry View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2011 at 2:44pm
I may have to try this......I have never heard of putting the hair in vinegar and water.....On my last 2 sew ins I was affected tremendously with the itchies, even after I pooed and deep condish, I was still itching resulting in me taking down my sew ins!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2011 at 3:43pm
I had to do this on several braiding extensions and sewn-ins.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2011 at 12:23am
 It supposedly help your hair from breaking Stern Smile Some people have reported their hair falling out over the base. I have no problems 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic