BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Italian Yaki and Ombre

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
slikchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slikchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italian Yaki and Ombre
    Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:18pm
Hey ladies,

So I posted here about 3 months ago for advice on colouring IY. Shortly thereafter, I took the plunge and ombre'd my IY. It looked absolutely perfect at first, and was just what I wanted! But about a month and a half after, the bleached ends developed visible cracks and have been breaking off ever since :(

My question is, have any of you successfully bleached your IY/KS? I know this is tricky since the hair is already processed for texture. What is the safest way to lift this to a blonde? I bleached in one shot, so not sure if that's the problem?

Here are pics of what it looked like shortly after I bleached and installed (sorry for the crappy phone quality pics):

Edited by slikchik - Dec 12 2012 at 2:19pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:33pm
It looks nice. Did you deep condition it really good after you bleached it. Also did you use developer and bleach? or just developer?
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:34pm
I have bleached and colored IY before and the key is to actually do a protein treatment &moisturizing treatment plus using a light leave in. I noticed that once the the hair is bleached it starts acting like natural hair.
slikchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slikchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:55pm
I used Wella bleach and a range of 10-40vol developer (ran out of developer a few times and used what was on hand). I also followed it up with a toner. Then after, I did both a protein and moisturizing deep conditioner, leaving the moisturizing one on for almost 2 days (forgot about it).
Then for at least 3 weeks after that I'd do a hot oil treatment with coconut oil, then wash, then deep condition (silk elements megasilk at first, now joico kpak intense hydrator). At first i'd lightly put some coconut oil as a leave in, but the hair didn't react so well to that so now I just use my heat protectant, blow dry and flat iron, sometimes finish up with some morrocan oil, and that's it until the following weekly wash.
The hair is great and light after the wash treatment, then towards the end of the week it starts getting stiff
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by slikchik slikchik wrote:

I used Wella bleach and a range of 10-40vol developer (ran out of developer a few times and used what was on hand). I also followed it up with a toner. Then after, I did both a protein and moisturizing deep conditioner, leaving the moisturizing one on for almost 2 days (forgot about it).
Then for at least 3 weeks after that I'd do a hot oil treatment with coconut oil, then wash, then deep condition (silk elements megasilk at first, now joico kpak intense hydrator). At first i'd lightly put some coconut oil as a leave in, but the hair didn't react so well to that so now I just use my heat protectant, blow dry and flat iron, sometimes finish up with some morrocan oil, and that's it until the following weekly wash.
The hair is great and light after the wash treatment, then towards the end of the week it starts getting stiff
I use that coconut split end mender pump creme from walmart(I can't rememer the name) its a oval shape bottle thats light creme and apply on the ends of my Italian yaki. My are ombred also and I never have issues. I have issues if I leave the flat iron on the ends for too long cos BABY it will crisp and sizzle right off.  
choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:04am
Aww its so pretty though.. I read somewhere that you could deep condition for hours with evoo first then apply the bleach without washing the evoo off so it conditions it throughout the process so maybe if you dC with evoo?
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:34am
No advice,but it looks pretty..
elle_imani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elle_imani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:57am
Sorry I cannot answer your question OP, but would you mind sharing what toner you used? I used clairol demi-permanent in 8A and 10A, but it did not give me the exact color I was looking for. It looks as if you have the color I am looking for. I love it! TIA 
slikchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slikchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:49pm
Thanks ladies! Guess I'll do a bit more research on the moisturizing process, and continue with the trial and error! Bound to get it right someday, right??

I used the Wella Color Charm Ash Blonde...i'm 90% sure it was the #T18 lightest ash blonde, but i could be mistaken. HTH!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic