Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IT HAPPENED TO ME: Racism b/c of my IRR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Iowabred&fed Iowabred&fed wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Some of those Clutch commenters crack me UP!

A lot them date white men and have so much anger and bitterness toward Black men
Scandal is their Bible and you can't tell the NUTTIN negative about a White man

That's why it's always interesting to read these dumb ass XOXO articles on clutch. Such an odd relationship. Same with the "Frisky" articles

I agree -- sort of. I mean it is interesting to see they extreme variance in opinion but Clutch knows exactly what they're doing when they publish those articles on their site; that partnership is strategic. It's more clicks for them and ups their SEO. They knew their readers were going to be pissed...

It's a smart business decision on Clutch's part...but it's definitely a "yay look at us white women pretending to be intersectional and care about the plight of the downtrodden coloreds" on xoJane's part and I'm sad Clutch is going for it.

Sponsored Links

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:20am
Why are people ridiculing him for saying he caught more hell from black people? I do, too in some areas. I'd never known what it felt like to have people think your skin was truly inferior until I came across ignorant, young black men, Twitter, and Instagram LOL It seems to wane off as people get older, though. 

IR dating is a must for me. I'm not going to be waiting until my mid 30's for a black man who won't be offended by my blackness when there are men of other races who see the hue of my skin as an attribute.....

But I digress. Y'all have to remember not everyone has the same experiences as you.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lmao.
Gtfoh nigguh.

'zactly
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Why are people ridiculing him for saying he caught more hell from black people? I do, too in some areas. I'd never known what it felt like to have people think your skin was truly inferior until I came across ignorant, young black men, Twitter, and Instagram LOL It seems to wane off as people get older, though. 

IR dating is a must for me. I'm not going to be waiting until my mid 30's for a black man who won't be offended by my blackness when there are men of other races who see the hue of my skin as an attribute.....

But I digress. Y'all have to remember not everyone has the same experiences as you.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:40am
lol all right Afro LOL I know it's an unpopular opinion but that's my one gripe with the black community in general! Do I care who agrees? Hell nah, bruh. It's been my life experience and if you haven't had to feel the effects of colorism in the South, congrats! It's the only reason why I even started to date out and still do, so I somewhat feel where the OP is coming from. *kanye shrug* 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:41am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 8:45am

Edited by femmemichelle - Oct 26 2013 at 8:45am
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 9:17am
LOL @ our relationship seemed so special
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by Iowabred&fed Iowabred&fed wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Some of those Clutch commenters crack me UP!

A lot them date white men and have so much anger and bitterness toward Black men
Scandal is their Bible and you can't tell the NUTTIN negative about a White man

That's why it's always interesting to read these dumb ass XOXO articles on clutch. Such an odd relationship. Same with the "Frisky" articles

I agree -- sort of. I mean it is interesting to see they extreme variance in opinion but Clutch knows exactly what they're doing when they publish those articles on their site; that partnership is strategic. It's more clicks for them and ups their SEO. They knew their readers were going to be pissed...

It's a smart business decision on Clutch's part...but it's definitely a "yay look at us white women pretending to be intersectional and care about the plight of the downtrodden coloreds" on xoJane's part and I'm sad Clutch is going for it.

yep
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2013 at 10:33am
This thread has potential...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System