Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ish has gotten real.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 8:47am
Girl keep us posted...work on that scent girl....hopefully the dye job will kill some of it
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Femm that's that arjujua 4d hair waiting to get shaved off that dog. Y'all don't see that natural curl pattern.

OMG! you're right!Confused

rebelle . View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelle . Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:38am
I just spent the last four hours dying all three bundles blue black.  The smell is gone on ALLL the bundles, thank God.  I have the hair sitting in a plastic bag with the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner, for reassurance. 

I will you guise, the 20 inch didn't have the wet dog, corn chip, feet smell originally.  But when I washed it prior to me dying the hair, it started to give this strong odor.  It was sort of like ammonia.  It burned my damn eyes when I smelled it. Sooooo I went to Google marcel water because apparently that's what causes the smell, according to the vendor.  & WTF do you know? The water is used to apply waves to hair.  Which makes sense, because a lot of people who order the straight hair from QHP say the hair doesn't have a smell.

I'm going to go ahead & assumed the reason the hair loses its scent when you dye it, is because you're putting another chemical on the hair. 

Either way, the smell is gone!
ShiznitNumber1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 4:55am
Originally posted by rebelle . rebelle . wrote:

Guise, I have taken extreme measures.  I took everyone's advice on the smell for the QHP hair.  My 16" spent the night in a fabric softener bath.  & I left it in all day today until I got home from work.  & don't you know when I took it out, it still had the faint smell of wet dog!  AngryAngryAngryAngry

So I washed it once again with a deep cleansing shampoo, then the Mane & Tail shampoo, and THEN my Dove Moisturizing shampoo.  & still, the faint smell of a wet, homeless dog.  Granted, it's not as strong as it was last night, but I can still smell it.  I asked my suite mate if she could smell it & she said no... Now, I've been told I have a very strong sense of smell... so I don't know if it's all in my head or what.

So, I ended up hanging my hair in my window.  Thing is, I live in a dorm soooo I had to get creative.

Big smile
Anything for the hair, chile.

I found this with my hair pieces and weave. The smell is just off and quite horrid at times.

The process you are doing with the multiple beautiful smelly products (as in they carry a pretty scent Tongue) seemed to be the only method that worked for me!

Someone on YT mentioned briefly boiling their hair to "remove chemicals from their AlliExpress hair". Perhaps those "chemicals" is what is giving that odd smell? I left a video in the "Lace Fronts (newbies)" section with a video on brief boiling.

The lady basically boiled her hair for 1 to 1.5 minutes and then took it out, let it sit on a towel till completely dry. If you put some of your favourite conditioner (maybe olive oil too?) then in theory the hair should smell MUCH better and may have more of a shine (check the video for the results of the experiment - I dont want to double post the same infos).

Other than that, I have found that when I apply leave in conditioners or my diluted conditioner mix in a spray bottle, it affects the smell of the hair and the hair smells "better"/different to how it had initially.

I hope something I have said helps you some what, though you have LOADS of  responses LOL

Take care and god bless,
Shiznit Number #1
Emy-Senpai972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emy-Senpai972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Femm that's that arjujua 4d hair waiting to get shaved off that dog. Y'all don't see that natural curl pattern.

Sugabanana, that just killed me lmaoooo !!! You and femmemuscleisback 's pics with the dog, got me choking ! 

OP, Smell is a bad thing for the brains ! I remember I bought my first weave, remy indian hair, the thing smelled ! Didn't know what it was at the time. Use poo after poo and conditioners, didn't go. 
Too bad this has to come with the hair game... sure ain't pretty !
chy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 4:00am
@Rebelle please do not boil the hair to rid it of the smell. I tried to do that on some hair I got at Christmas and it lost all its waves.
Confused this I believe is because the hair is chemically treated.
ShiznitNumber1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by chy3 chy3 wrote:

@Rebelle please do not boil the hair to rid it of the smell. I tried to do that on some hair I got at Christmas and it lost all its waves.

I am assuming when you (Chy3) attempted to "boil the smell out" you kept the hair boiling for longer than a minute?

These past 4 days I have been boiling curls into my wig (max 10 minutes) so I can safely say that with any remy wig (my wig is a mixture of genuine brazilian remy and regular pack hair by Hair Raisers) you are able to boil it without loosening or damaging the curl. Of course this also means that any risks are taken by the person doing it - I dont want to be getting emails "you mussed my weave" like... please LOL

Method:
I had boiled water on my cooker till really hot, added a mixture of whatever conditioning stuff you want (i added cholesterol, hair oil and a protein conditioner - note: more oil = oilier hair result).
I then put the wig in, waiting 1 minute and then took it out. The texture of the hair was the same if not BETTER! The wig has been relaxed and was in bad shape. This 1 minute boil with the oils and conditioner made the hair feel like natural healthy hair.

My wig was relaxed straight so unsure how it would work on a curlier wig/weave so I suggest trying this out first on a scrap of hair or a clipping of hair to see what happens to the curl pattern.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boiling time is designed for reviving wigs and weave hair that have become tangled and not cute anymore. This was trialed out on YT but someone who boiled a piece of their bodywave weave. Texture appeared the same - You can find the video in "Boiling - Yay or nay?" post. I will not double post.

Someone commented on this video that they do this to remove smell. This is why i recommended here. You will either:

1) remove the smell and get revived hair... or
2) lighten the smell and get revived hair.

The texture loosens the longer you have the hair in the boiling water. You also damage the hair the longer you have the hair in the water. Sitting a wig for 1 hour + to boil curls is not necessary!
Doing the same without curling rods should loosen the curl.

Oh and I apologise if this post sounds defensive LOL Embarrassed
I got the email notification on my phone and was like, "Whaaaaaaa!? I need to respond to that ish NOW" in a good way, just to clarify things. No hard feels Chy3 <3
Emy-Senpai972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emy-Senpai972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by ShiznitNumber1 ShiznitNumber1 wrote:

Originally posted by chy3 chy3 wrote:

I am assuming when you (Chy3) attempted to "boil the smell out" you kept the hair boiling for longer than a minute?

These past 4 days I have been boiling curls into my wig (max 10 minutes) so I can safely say that with any remy wig (my wig is a mixture of genuine brazilian remy and regular pack hair by Hair Raisers) you are able to boil it without loosening or damaging the curl. Of course this also means that any risks are taken by the person doing it - I dont want to be getting emails "you mussed my weave" like... please LOL

Method:
I had boiled water on my cooker till really hot, added a mixture of whatever conditioning stuff you want (i added cholesterol, hair oil and a protein conditioner - note: more oil = oilier hair result).
I then put the wig in, waiting 1 minute and then took it out. The texture of the hair was the same if not BETTER! The wig has been relaxed and was in bad shape. This 1 minute boil with the oils and conditioner made the hair feel like natural healthy hair.

My wig was relaxed straight so unsure how it would work on a curlier wig/weave so I suggest trying this out first on a scrap of hair or a clipping of hair to see what happens to the curl pattern.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boiling time is designed for reviving wigs and weave hair that have become tangled and not cute anymore. This was trialed out on YT but someone who boiled a piece of their bodywave weave. Texture appeared the same - You can find the video in "Boiling - Yay or nay?" post. I will not double post.

Someone commented on this video that they do this to remove smell. This is why i recommended here. You will either:

1) remove the smell and get revived hair... or
2) lighten the smell and get revived hair.

The texture loosens the longer you have the hair in the boiling water. You also damage the hair the longer you have the hair in the water. Sitting a wig for 1 hour + to boil curls is not necessary!
Doing the same without curling rods should loosen the curl.

Oh and I apologise if this post sounds defensive LOL Embarrassed
I got the email notification on my phone and was like, "Whaaaaaaa!? I need to respond to that ish NOW" in a good way, just to clarify things. No hard feels Chy3 <3

IA : if you boil water with some conditioner or/and oil, then put the hair for 3-5mins, it'll bring back the hair to it's former glory. Which steam curled hair will got back to straight or wavy. I had this baaad hair tangle mess, put it in boiling water for 5 mins, thing came out beautiful ! Thanks YT lol
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 8:46am
whats the update Rebelle??Smile
Maddi0529 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddi0529 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:15am
GIRLLLLLL I really love the hair, I installed it on mothers day.(made a upart wig for the first time) but the smell leave and come bck!!!!! the smell is the worst part about the hair!! but i really like the hair it dnt tangle
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic