FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Isaiah Washington: "Adapt" to Racial Profiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isaiah Washington: "Adapt" to Racial Profiling
    Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 6:52pm
Isaiah Washington, Chris Rock (inset)
Isaiah Washington, Chris Rock (inset)

After getting pulled over by police three times in two months, Chris Rock has vowed to post aselfie on Instagram every time he gets stopped. But Isaiah Washington thinks he should respond in a different way.

I sold my $90,000.00 Mercedes G500 and bought 3 Prius's, because I got tired of being pulled over by Police. #Adapt @chrisrock

— Isaiah Washington (@IWashington) April 1, 2015

Spring TV Preview: Get hot scoop on 32 must-watch new shows

Washington received backlash for the tweet, including from musician Questlove, who told the actor that downgrading cars won't "save you from #DWB [driving while black]."

Prius won't save you from #DWB @IWashington i know. trust.

— Questlove Gomez (@questlove) April 1, 2015

After tweeting that his post was misconstrued, the Grey's Anatomy alum went on CNN Wednesday to discuss racial profiling with Don Lemon and clarify what he meant by telling Rock to "adapt." "I know a lot of people take issue with the hashtag 'adapt,' thinking I was implying that white supremacy or racial profiling was stopped if you were in a different car, but that's not [what I meant]," he said. "Police are about the business of policing, night and day. ... I really feel that he needs to look at the area that he's in and even visit with the police in the local community."

When Lemon said that the onus shouldn't be on Rock to meet with law enforcement officials, Washington said: "If you are at war, which we all know that we are, there is a sentiment in the air that is highly toxic and highly negative, and [I wanted my tweet to] excite a conversation. ... We have been burdened for 400 years -- we can't use that as an excuse to say, 'Well, we can't challenge the system as it is.'"

Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:04pm
I think he lost his mind when he got fired from Gray's Anatomy.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:21pm
I can't wait for #TweetLikeIsaiahWashington tweets on black twitter

Edited by OoDles O - Apr 02 2015 at 7:23pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:25pm
Ah, it feels like it was just yesterday capes went flying for this man when he was fired from Grey's Anatomy.LOL
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:29pm
I like him on the 100 but he can kick rocks. He has too coon it up after the Grey's Anatomh debacle.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Ah, it feels like it was just yesterday capes went flying for this man when he was fired from Grey's Anatomy.LOL
right......I thought he was a "strong black man"......his wife is black though......
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:37pm
When you have a convo about racial injustice with Don Lemon and Don is taking the side of blacks, you have to be doing something wrong.

Edited by keepgrowing - Apr 02 2015 at 7:38pm
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:39pm
His wife is black? I should of known he had a black wife because a white wife wouldn't let him trade the Mercedes for a prius. LOL
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:41pm
His wife

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2015 at 7:43pm
Did he somehow think changing his car was going to change his color too?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic