BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is your Mother jealous of You??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

is your mom by any chance 11 years older than you?

jr.

We are somewhat close in age, 16yrs. As a teen, she would try to befriend my friends. Yes, I was surely ashamed. 
Sponsored Links

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

My grandmother is jealous of her daughter (my mom). Apparently it's been like that since my mom was a child. Everything from lying on her, blaming her for everything wrong, shattering my mom's self esteem, praising her other 4 children and leaving my mom out, and just recently ...trying to drag me and my sister into the drama.

My mom and I both have her on call block.

is your mom like light skinned or something?Geek

Yes, actually. My grandmother is also verrrry color struck and an elitist. Anything light and white is right, and if you don't have a degree, money, connections, etc.. then she looks down on you.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:54pm
Cut her off OP, she will never change... very toxic
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:57pm

My grandmother is jealous of her daughter (my mom). Apparently it's been like that since my mom was a child. Everything from lying on her, blaming her for everything wrong, shattering my mom's self esteem, praising her other 4 children and leaving my mom out, and just recently ...trying to drag me and my sister into the drama.

Yes, actually. My grandmother is also verrrry color struck and an elitist. Anything light and white is right, and if you don't have a degree, money, connections, etc.. then she looks down on you.

and your grannie was dark?
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:01pm
I'm not down on myself and my Mother could never damage my self esteem. I appreciate my Mother, she raised me, put me through school, we lived well and we didn't live on public assistance. The woman held a job and earned a good income with only an 11th grade education. My Mother is a beautiful woman who isn't handling aging well.
She's in her sixties and single. I hate it but I fear she is envious my marriage, career and family. 
I love her unfortunately she has a love/hate relationship for me.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:07pm
I dont' have those problems!! Sorry about your luck, OP!
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:12pm
When my mom was alive she was.

When I was just getting out of high school, I wanted to go on to college. I had some of my mother's friends trying to help me but giving me support on info about financial aid and such. She wouldn't say much about it at first but then came to me one day and said something weird like "It's against God's will for you to go to college."

Wtf??

So, I went on applying anyway and and attended some classes but wound up dropping out because she flat out refused to help me financially.

As a mother myself, I don't understand and probably never will, why you wouldn't want the best for your child and go outta your way to undermine it.

Good news is, years later, I was able to continue my education and now graduating in March this year. Said to say that there are some parents like that unfortunately.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:13pm
DP

Edited by Az~Maverick - Feb 04 2013 at 6:16pm
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:17pm

and your grannie was dark?

Brown skinned, soooo yeah it makes no sense to me. My grandfather was very light skinned/ mixed (those are the only types of men she would date), she got pregnant at 19 and had my mom. Since teen pregnancy wasn't glorified at that time, she basically blames my mother for ruining her life and having everyone think she was a whore Confused 

My mom is the oldest and lightest child of her 5 children, but she is also very feisty and was the only one who would not take my grandmother's abuse. My mom's independence made my grandmother feel threatened because she had no control over her.

.....My mom told me that my grandmother nearly had a heart attack at Whole Foods when the cashier put some plastic black forks in her bag for her food. She threw it away and demanded a white fork. Ermm
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:18pm
If you think of her as a person and not just a mom...it's understandable that she would be jealous I guess. I wouldn't want to be 60 and alone. Nobody is perfect. I'm sure she's very proud of you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic