FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is your hair balanced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
loveroflife101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 2:09am
My hair could use a little more moistue, but it is balanced. I don't add protein rich products into my haircare. Contrary to what a lot of people say, protein isn't for everyone. It was the ''thing of the moment'' a few years ago and every hair blog and forum was love it. It was a must have staple or atleast they claimed it to be. I decided to take the plunge and tried using protein as well and I got a protein overload. That protein overload was my BIGGEST hair set-back. I went from THICK bra strap length, to thin neck length hair, within months. I used to lean my head foward in the sink and my hair would fill up the entire sink, because it was that thick. When I went to the hairstylist they would always make remarks about how it takes them forever to do my hair, because it's so thick. After protein was done with me, I could hold all my strands with one small hand. Protein is no joke and for those who are inexperienced or unsure whether your hair will like protein or not, it's best to start using products that are moisture based with protein and if that works for you stick by it! Creme of Nature Argan oil intensive conditioner (In the bottle) is the perfect High moisture - low protein conditioner FOR ME. It keeps my hair balanced, while keeping it strong and moisturized. It took me months to get over a protein overload. Truth be told, after that I stopped going on hair blogs and forums after that. Everyone was a know it all hair guru, even the inexperienced. I should have known better than to trust people who get all their research from google. 

If you do have a protein overload. What I did that worked for me was using a moisurizing conditioner mixed with oils, glcycerine, honey and anything else you deem as beneficial for the hair, cap on top and deep condition for 2 hours with a heated cap. I did this a few times and my hair quickly restored. I used the DIY caramel conditioning treatment and it worked great for me the first time, but afterwards it just stopped working, so I just used deep conditioners. I know ''hair guru's'' claim that your hair stops absorbing products after about 20-40 minutes, I believe? But again, this was not the case for me. After conditioning for two hours, I noticed a significant amount of moisture restored, more than when I did a 30-45 minute deep conditioning session, week after week.

Sorry for the rant ya'll. I hope that my post is helpful for someone out there
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2016 at 9:14pm
I am currently working on it.  I have fine porous hair, so I use Henna, Henna Gloss, Henna Oil.  Not all at the same time.  I am working on a regimen to incorporate moisture and protein to find a great balance.
4BFabulousity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2016 at 6:27pm
I'm not even sure if my hair is balanced and I don't even know how to check. What I do know is my hair is very thick and needs a lot of moisture. I have never done a protein treatment. Maybe I will do one this year and see what happens Confused.
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by 4BFabulousity 4BFabulousity wrote:

I'm not even sure if my hair is balanced and I don't even know how to check. What I do know is my hair is very thick and needs a lot of moisture. I have never done a protein treatment. Maybe I will do one this year and see what happens Confused.

Same here. I'm confused if my hair needs more moisture or more protein. Growing my hair and the ends are starting to feel a bit dry and at times crispy. It feels coarser and tangles a bit at the ends if I'm not careful. It's a lot thicker though. Sigh
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2016 at 10:42am
i still do the routine i posted on the previous page, but i don't do as often. too much hair manipulation is not good. i think i will deep condition today...
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

For deep conditioning I use Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I get it at Target the container - the tube is expensive and it doesn't last long- for about $25 and it lasted me 5 months >>>here
For an extra kick, I like to add a tablespoon of panthenol and glycerin + a bit of alfaparf semi di lino.

For keratin i like Gliss Kur Ultimate Anti-Damage Hair Mask. It has a nice scent and 3x the amount of keratin. I used it a couple weeks ago and my hair looked so sleek I was surprised.

I still like those products, except for alfaparf semi di lino. Doing this stuff every week wasn't good for me, so if I do twice a month, it is nice.

This week I nourished my hair with some shea butter/amla. I bought it from a store on etsy. I find it a bit oily for my hair type though:

Edited by sexyandfamous - Apr 09 2017 at 9:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic