FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is your hair balanced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by prettigurl prettigurl wrote:

I'm going to attempt to get my hair balanced today. First I'm going to use nexxus emergencee (moderate protein), then I'm going to dc with neutrogena triple renewal (light protein/moisture). Hopefully the double dose of protein will correct the mushiness. I'll let you know how it goes. . .

I finally got it rightThumbs%20Up I shampood with con, applied emergencee for 3 mins, rinsed, shampood with con again and dcd with triple renewal for 5 mins under the dryer. I rinsed with cool water and now I'm airdrying. So far I've only seen 1 broken strand. I've used emergencee several times, but I noticed that it only works when I follow the directions. If I try to take shortcuts, it doesn't stop my breakageEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

Bephie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bephie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 9:56pm

My hair is so in need of some balance!  I need to try your regimen thatnyckhick... On my way to the BSS!  Thanx for the info!

@belladiva... How is the megatek, peppermint oil and sulfur 8 working for you... do you also use the OTC as well?  How does it affect your protein/moisture ratio? TIA!

TIA

Anima Mundi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anima Mundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 10:47pm
I'm still trying to get a hang of the protein/moisture balance. My hair always feels dry no matter what I do or what I put on it.
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 1:48am
[QUOTE=Anima Mundi]I'm still trying to get a hang of the protein/moisture balance. My hair always feels dry no matter what I do or what I put on it.[/QUOTE

What shampoo and conditioner do you use? And what do you moisturize with? You may be using a drying shampoo or overusing protein conditioners and moisturizers. Clarify your hair and deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner and it should feel a little better.
Halibel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 4:42am
I really don't hair fall either.....but i mostly stick to protein treaments every week cuz my hair gets all the moisture it needs with my conditioner/water/EVOO mix i spray on it turning the week.:)

I don't know why i brought these two moisturizer DCs *sigh*

Edited by Halibel - Aug 01 2009 at 4:44am
SimplyME. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyME. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 3:28pm
I think my hair is balanced I don't have any breakage (& I'm 14 weeks post) & my hair is moist for the most part (the new growth tends to be a lil dry at times).
I think I am going to start sealing w/ an olive oil and see how my hair reacts...
thatnyckhick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatnyckhick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Bephie Bephie wrote:

My hair is so in need of some balance!  I need to try your regimen thatnyckhick... On my way to the BSS!  Thanx for the info!

very welcome! let me know how things go
Anima Mundi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anima Mundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by prettigurl prettigurl wrote:

Originally posted by Anima Mundi Anima Mundi wrote:

I'm still trying to get a hang of the protein/moisture balance. My hair always feels dry no matter what I do or what I put on it.

What shampoo and conditioner do you use? And what do you moisturize with? You may be using a drying shampoo or overusing protein conditioners and moisturizers. Clarify your hair and deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner and it should feel a little better.

I'm still experimenting with which products work best. But here's what I have:

Shampoo: Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe
Conditioner: Optimum Care Anti-Breakage Therapy
Protein treatment: Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor
Moisturizer: Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress
Sealer: Proclaim Natural 7 Oil

I find my hair gets so dry that I also use Optimum Care Ultimate Leave-In Strengthener to soften it enough to comb. I'm currently stretching my relaxer time and have a partial weave in.

I've clarified my hair about three weeks ago, adding baking soda to my shampoo, but I haven't noticed any difference. :/

Edited by Anima Mundi - Aug 01 2009 at 10:20pm
neekie5235 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neekie5235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 8:15pm
i'm sure my hair is not balanced... but how do you know if you need more moisture or protein, or if you have too much of one or the other? i dunno!
lovely_ladii008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovely_ladii008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2009 at 9:57pm
anima-how often do you use the ors aloe cause from what I've read its usually used for clarifying and it maybe causing some of the dryness and what do you use for a moisturizing deep conditioner?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic