FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is your hair balanced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EBBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EBBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2011 at 8:24am
I was very busy this past few weeks. I wasn't able to put any conditioning to my hair. huhu. I have hair breakage now its because of the heat and not much protein and conditioning. I am sure my hair is not balanced. I need some protective hair style or product to use. 
Sponsored Links

Clubfoxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clubfoxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2011 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Anima Mundi Anima Mundi wrote:

I'm still trying to get a hang of the protein/moisture balance. My hair always feels dry no matter what I do or what I put on it.

Me too, dammit.
un4getableview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote un4getableview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 9:49am
yes! and i love it
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2011 at 7:02pm
Even if your hair is under processed you should be able to balance it with moisture and protein and reduce the breakage. Only permanent damge cant be balanced, it needs to be cut off. If it is still breaking u need more protein. And if u use more protein, then u have to use more moisture. And you water has alot to do with it to. Do your final rinse with inexpensive spring water or purchase a water filter. You will be amazed!

Happy Growing!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 10:34am
Yes... I must have done it unknowingly because my hair is stronger, not breaking, and very little shedding . It is moisturized, growing, and becoming thicker.

I will continue doing what I have been doing

WINNING !!!
gdrea33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdrea33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 12:15am

Well, looking at the shedding, breakage and re-evaluating my "moisturing" products which are actually loaded w/protein I am definitely in protein overload.  I am DC'ing now with Generic Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner to get my moisture back in gear.  Also going back to my old faithful NTM.  Trying to add real moisturizing products back into my reggie so I can have less shedding & breakage going forward.

My reggie is a work in progress but definitely need to journal as Lady CC says!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2015 at 3:49pm
I feel like hair needs to be balanced by being hydrated, nourished with oils and repaired with keratin.
I am translating this stuff, because I have been doing this for the past months and noticed that my hair looks and feels much healthier:

Once or twice a week we need to hydrate our hair to replenish the loss of water and to make our hair soft and untangled. Use a deep conditioner that has aloe vera, glycerin, panthenol, botanical extracts such as rosemary leaf extract, etc.

Then we need to nourish our hair to give it flexibility, reduce volume, gives shine, prevents frizz, and to maintain the water our hair gained through deep conditioning. Basically we are feeding our hair. It is best to do like 2 days after deep conditioning. If your hair is in bad shape and you are deep conditioning 2x a week, nourish your hair once a week, in between deep conditioning, so for example, if you deep conditioned on Monday, nourish it on Wednesday and deep condition again on Friday. Use products that have the following ingredients OR use those vegetable oils such as coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, argan oil, and also marrow butter, ceramides.

Once a month we need to repair our hair, and replenish it with keratina and aminoacids to seal the cuticles, increase the hair's resistance to prevent breakage, such as liquid keratin , collagen, proteins, creatine, arginine, hydrolized soy protein, hydrolized wheat protein, etc. But if your hair is really bad, repair it twice a month, but do not abuse of proteins, especially keratin.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Oct 10 2015 at 3:50pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2015 at 3:56pm
For deep conditioning I use Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I get it at Target the container - the tube is expensive and it doesn't last long- for about $25 and it lasted me 5 months >>>here
For an extra kick, I like to add a tablespoon of panthenol and glycerin + a bit of alfaparf semi di lino.

For keratin i like Gliss Kur Ultimate Anti-Damage Hair Mask. It has a nice scent and 3x the amount of keratin. I used it a couple weeks ago and my hair looked so sleek I was surprised.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Oct 10 2015 at 3:57pm
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2015 at 4:27pm
My hair seems perfectly balanced right now. It was mushy, tangly and breaking months ago but I clarified and started using more protein. I use Cream of Nature shampoo and I dc with Kerastase masks. Therapiste and Oleo Relax are my faves right now.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 9:28pm
I was experiencing some shedding, so I cut down deep conditioning to once a week and it is doing better. I guess it was too much manipulation, plus I was using an electric heating cap every time I deep conditioned or nourished my hair.

I feel that my hair is balanced, so I will deep condition every week, nourish my hair every other week and do keratin treatments once a month.

My sister did too many keratin treatments - she used the bottle of gliss kur keratin as if it were conditionerDead - and her hair looked a mess.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic