FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Is your hair balanced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is your hair balanced?
    Posted: Jul 25 2009 at 11:46pm

Do you have your protein/moisture balance in check? If so, how long did it take and what products/regimen did you use?

I'm not balanced yet, but I'm working on it. I cowash a few times a week, so I'm a little too much on the moisture side. I've been using nexxus emergencee every 2 weeks or so, but I'm still experiencing a little breakage.
Sponsored Links

productjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote productjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 1:05am
I have very little breakage or shedding but then again its only shoulder length so its "younger".  I am thinking once it gets a certain length it will be harder to maintain that balance because its older hair.
thatnyckhick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatnyckhick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 10:31am
When I started my hair journey I was really heavy into moisture, and then I discovered Aphogee 2 Minute + the Keratin Spray + it changed my hair-life. It didn't take me very long to get that balance b/c luckily for me, that's when protein started to become big on hair boards.

I think I'm balanced pretty well now, but I've had to switch some things around b/c I'm so far along into my stretch + I've started co-washing. But I have a good reference of what balance is for my hair so I know what to aim for + when I might be going to far on the moisture or protein side.
choc-lit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc-lit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 11:58am
i got my balance PROPERLY in check for the first time yesterday. now i know what people mean when they say that their hair is soft as butter. i love love love it and now i know how to listen to my hair.

protein

i use ors hair mayo 2x a month on mondays with an egg, avocado oil and coconut oil. on the other mondays i use the replenishing pak.  both are left on without heat for about an hour and

moisture

both are followed with a moisture treatment (qp dpr 11 mixed with at one reconstructor, EVOO and honey) for another hour. i use the moisture treatment on thursdays too after my porosity control conditioner. 

air- dry

afterwards i rinse, towel blot, t-shirt dry for 10 mins, spray in the aphogee leave in, keratin spray, rub in a little CHI infusion and air dry with the scarf method. 

when dry

i moisturise with wave nouveau finishing lotion and seal with a mixture of oils. i seal my ends with qp mango butter and moisturise my scalp with a mixture of jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil and tea tree oil.  i baggy my ends nightly. i do this step everyday before i go to bed, tie my satin scarf and top it with my satin bonnet.

in the morning i remoisturise with sofn' free herbal oil spray and style in a bun.  I carry this spray with me in case lol.

hope that helped x
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by thatnyckhick thatnyckhick wrote:

When I started my hair journey I was really heavy into moisture, and then I discovered Aphogee 2 Minute + the Keratin Spray + it changed my hair-life. It didn't take me very long to get that balance b/c luckily for me, that's when protein started to become big on hair boards.

I think I'm balanced pretty well now, but I've had to switch some things around b/c I'm so far along into my stretch + I've started co-washing. But I have a good reference of what balance is for my hair so I know what to aim for + when I might be going to far on the moisture or protein side.

Does the keratin spray make your hair feel rough or hard? I use infusium 23 occasionally, but it makes my hair feel like I have spritz in it. I need a good protein leave in. . .
thatnyckhick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatnyckhick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 7:01pm
^not at all prettigurl, actually aphogee's provitamin leave-in reminded me so much of infusium

But, I spray the Keratin in (right now I focus on my line of demarcation + ends) and I always, always follow that up with HE LTR leave-in. It's the perfect mix for my hair.
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 8:32pm
I'm on the fence with what i need to be using. My hair is ALWAYS dry and brittle. I cowash 2or 3 times per week and use ORS hair mayo on Sundays. Moisturize everyday with Hawaiin Silky.
I have a short fro right now, growing out from a 1 inch cut. I really think it's the acne meds I'm on.
Don't know what to do
*Redbone <3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Redbone <3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 10:07pm
Im workin on it.
I did a DC last week,
but i still notice some breakage.
Its like 3 or 4 strands.
I think i need some protein.
I went to a BSS to look
for the aphogee protein treatment,
but i couldnt find it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 4:15pm
I'm going to attempt to get my hair balanced today. First I'm going to use nexxus emergencee (moderate protein), then I'm going to dc with neutrogena triple renewal (light protein/moisture). Hopefully the double dose of protein will correct the mushiness. I'll let you know how it goes. . .
belladiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belladiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2009 at 9:29am
no. not yet.  i think ive been using too much moisture, but im getting there
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic