Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this why some kinky hair tangles/mat - CV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 6:36pm
First of all how can they even form their lips to call the hair VIRGIN if they have dipped the crap out of it in ACID??? the hair tangles because they have taken the cuticles off! And most CV's do this process to the hair! They are all flim flammers telling folks nonsense. It insults my intelligence to call hair virgin and then turn around and tell me that you processed it,and for people to buy into that BS deserves the crappy hair they get. It is far more easier for them to sell crappy hair by the masses than to sell quality

Edited by marie67 - Aug 08 2014 at 10:09pm
Sponsored Links

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:40am
I am thoroughly confused because some of the best and most expensive hair I have bought has been acid-bathed non-cuticle hair. There must be some truth to this. I believe vendors use trendy terms like 'Remy', 'virgin,' and 'Brazilian' so the hair sells. Remember: cuticle hair does tangle because MY natural cuticle haiir on my head tangleslike crazy!
2ndtimearound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimearound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:17am
Hair with intact cuticles tangles if its damaged and/or the cuticle layer is not smooth. Hair without cuticles is not able to tangle, the problem is the cuticle is not removed completey most of the time, so it not only tangles but it matts up to a point where you will not able to detangle it anymore. The cuticle layer protects the hair from drying out. Acid bathed hair will become lifeless and plastic like

There is decent (in terms of longevity) acid bathed hair, but really good hair that will last you years, has its cuticles left intact.

Edited by 2ndtimearound - Aug 09 2014 at 9:19am
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by 2ndtimearound 2ndtimearound wrote:

Hair with intact cuticles tangles if its damaged and/or the cuticle layer is not smooth. Hair without cuticles is not able to tangle, the problem is the cuticle is not removed completey most of the time, so it not only tangles but it matts up to a point where you will not able to detangle it anymore. The cuticle layer protects the hair from drying out. Acid bathed hair will become lifeless and plastic like

There is decent (in terms of longevity) acid bathed hair, but really good hair that will last you years, has its cuticles left intact.

I def know this to be truth for naturally straight/wavy indian har. But do you think the acid bath has anything to do with creating the lower luster for kinky/afro kinky hair?
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

I am thoroughly confused because some of the best and most expensive hair I have bought has been acid-bathed non-cuticle hair. There must be some truth to this. I believe vendors use trendy terms like 'Remy', 'virgin,' and 'Brazilian' so the hair sells. Remember: cuticle hair does tangle because MY natural cuticle haiir on my head tangleslike crazy!

yup.
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:46pm
Also the cuticle is a protectant layer,so if you strip it off, how does one expect for the hair to have natural sheen,it will not only look dull after a while it will be dry and brittle as well unless you constantly apply conditioning products to it just to manage it. The acid bath alone will dry the hell out of it.
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 2:21am
How would I KNOW with my fingers?
lindygaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindygaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:10am
Thanks about the knowledge about the hair.I think it is some basic information about the hair like the hair need acid bath and the curly hair is more tangle than other curl pattern. Ok good info:)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style