Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is this why some kinky hair tangles/mat - CV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this why some kinky hair tangles/mat - CV
    Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 1:57pm
I'm on the seach for the ultimate afro kinky hair - similar to heatfree/kinkycurlyyaki without the price tag. I loved kinkycurlyyaki but im too deep into the weave game now to spend $300-500 bucks on two bundles of hair. Wink

I've been talking to several vendors about their process, hair quality, shipping, etc....
I attached pics, told him exactly what I wanted. I asked him what kind of hair he usually does this type of curl on... 

his response...,
"We usually use virgin remy hair to make the products you attached, if you use cuticle hair, you would never brush the hair out after doing this curl.  we do the curl through steam,  it is not because the chemical process or steam to make the curl, the cuticle was removed by acid bath at first stage. this process can make the hair smooth and no tangle. I am sure that all of the hair with this curl should be processed by acid bath, otherwise the hair would be tangle very seriously, we know that very well.
Our hair can be last over a year or more, that is no problem.if you want the good quality, we will be definitely supply the best quality as long as you can accept the cost.

Thanks
Philip"

I close friend of mine ordered heatfreehair twice and on both occasions the hair tangled/matted very badly the first week.

1. I wonder how many kinky hair vendors truly use virgin hair and then just stem process for curl without the acid bath wash. (I know kinkycurlyyaki says she uses steam on virgin hair, not sure if cuticle is still intact)
2. I contacted a different vendor and asked him if he could customize the texture I wanted and he made no mention of it being a problem on cuticle virgin hair, he also just kept asking when I was going to make payment. face palm

CONCLUSION - INTERESTING. I know there are different ways to process curl and kinky curly hair will naturally tangle more than other textures, anyways. but I found this interesting. I really appreciate a vendor/supplier that will take the time out and answer questions, be up front and honest about their hair process!

Sponsored Links

Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:26pm
My Kinky curly hair passed the test in my book after I've been working out several times this week at the gym in it (a sew in) and it hasn't matted. And for such inexpensive hair, I was wondering what their secret was to this hair. 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:31pm
I am really tired of spammers watching our topics . ^^^ Get your horse hair out of the topic . I will return op . Make sure you wear a top when posting . The fools are watching .
lovinglace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovinglace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:37pm
Hair that is not bathed in acid should not tangle much at all throughout the entire lifespan of the hair which should last longer than a year. Of course you'll have some tangles because of the tight pattern but there should be no matting for the entire life.     
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I am really tired of spammers watching our topics . ^^^ Get your horse hair out of the topic . I will return op . Make sure you wear a top when posting . The fools are watching .

This is exactly why I kept my vendor private (by PM only) because I feel there are so many spammers on this forum just lurking for info and fishing around....it's ridiculous now. Where are the mods?
2ndtimearound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimearound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:08pm
Any hair, kinky curly or not will only last with cuticles. At first acid bathed hair will seem softer and easier to manage (silkier) but it will dry out and if the cuticles has not been removed properly it will matt up.

Most vendors do not use true cuticle intact hair these days. Hair thats unnaturally soft, and gets sort of "limp" when its wet is a sign of chemical processing/acid bathing. You can also test with your fingers if the cuticle layer is intact.
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by lovinglace lovinglace wrote:

Hair that is not bathed in acid should not tangle much at all throughout the entire lifespan of the hair which should last longer than a year. Of course you'll have some tangles because of the tight pattern but there should be no matting for the entire life.     

That was my original thought as well. But this vendor was very adamant and said it would be a waste of money. I ordered a sample of both (Cuticle intact virgin kinky curly and the virgin remy kinky curly) We shall see! 
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

It's getting RIDICULOUS
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

My Kinky curly hair passed the test in my book after I've been working out several times this week at the gym in it (a sew in) and it hasn't matted. And for such inexpensive hair, I was wondering what their secret was to this hair. 

Yay! for good hair buys! keep us updated as you keep wearing!

Let me know if you ever blow out this hair and style!
jeli20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeli20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimearound 2ndtimearound wrote:

Any hair, kinky curly or not will only last with cuticles. At first acid bathed hair will seem softer and easier to manage (silkier) but it will dry out and if the cuticles has not been removed properly it will matt up.

Most vendors do not use true cuticle intact hair these days. Hair thats unnaturally soft, and gets sort of "limp" when its wet is a sign of chemical processing/acid bathing. You can also test with your fingers if the cuticle layer is intact.

TRUE! good info! 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style