Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
KIMMY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 2:54pm

Chuladi,

That's what a few suppliers have also advised me. There are a few that advise they wash the hair in acid to smooth the cuticle down (not remove) and it also make it easier for them to work with hair.

Sponsored Links

Yildiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 2:58pm
JP and ggirl,  I believe the function of cuticles is to protect the hair and to help it keep moisture. If the silicone as substitute for cuticles is washed off, the hair loses moisture and is exposed to processing unprotected, so that might be another reason for tangling. 
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 4:03pm
I get what you are saying but that doesn't explain how I and another member have used processed hair in weft form with no problem. I think that a lot of these vendors are being dishonest about the origin of their hair. They are also being dishonest or at the very least inconsistent with how they are processing and handling the hair. A lot of people on the board are biased toward Chinese remy. It is associated with tangling and matting issues which has more to do with how it is handled and processed and not the nationality of the donor. Processed hair can be beautiful and tangle free. I believe that BS has said, correct me if I am wrong, that some of the curly units are curly permed. Charmed has the best looking curly unit that I have seen on the board in my opinion. She has also reported that it is still tangle free after washing and wearing. My point is that improper processing  and having subpar materials to begin with is probably responsible for the tangling issues.
Alexis303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 4:29pm

I have read this information before as well.  The acid bath strips the cuticle off the hair.  I think that really may be what bleach does as well.  After all, bleach is sort of acid like.  Both the bleach and the acid bath help prevent and/or fix tangling problems.  It seems to me that they might be doing something similar.  I don't know for sure though.

ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 6:19pm
I've heard some do a "light acid wash"  which they say does not remove the cuticles maybe that's the process that smooths them down as opposed to removing them?  Great Length has some "special technique also that they use that preserves the cuticles.

JP - I think some vendors are either being dishonest about the hair and/or don't really know what type of hair they are selling.  They throw around the buzz word "remy" without really understanding what it is.  I've asked them do they acid wash their hair and they'll tell me 'we'll process is according to your specifications". or I asked why do you acid wash the hair and they tell me because it's dirty and they need to clean it.  And then I'll say well why don't you just use shampoo like you do for virgin hair and they say because virgin is better quality...stuff like that.Confused  It wasn't until I pursued the Virgin hair and why it only comes in 1b and 2 that they finally said if they color it they'll have to acid wash it and if they do then it's no longer Virgin.  So then is remy hair virgin hair that has been acid washed?Confused  If the cuticles have been removed why is it called Remy HairConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused - WTH is Remy hair??????
Ladydi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 6:53pm
Remy just means that the hair is taken from one donor,has nothing to do with any kind of procceing. That is what I was told
chuladi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 7:03pm
Okay, let me explain:

FIRST:
I don't believe statements like "acid treated hair is bad hair" are absolute. Because there are many processes you can perform on hair and various chemicals you can use that can create different results. For example, some curly perms are acid perms. They do not strip the cuticle. Therefore acid does not automatically equal stripped cuticle. If you want to know about the cuticle, you should specifically ask about the cuticle because asking about acid may not get you the information you want.

SECONDLY:
Remy hair with cuticles can tangle. It's completely misinformed to believe that Indian women have hair that never tangles. What we're talking about is the degree of tangling/matting.

Quote I think some vendors are either being dishonest about the hair and/or don't really know what type of hair they are selling.

TRUE!

I think some are completely dishonest, and some are misinformed and some just simply don't understand what we are asking.

LASTLY:
I do believe many vendors use hair that is processed in some form. Whether the cuticles are stripped or not, well I'd need a microscope. But some of the remy hair is too uniformly silky to just come off a donor's head like that, consistently.

BioDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 7:22pm

Hey ladies!  Hey ggirl.  I sure missed your presence.  This is just a comment on the bleaching process.  Bleach is actually on the alkaline side of the pH scale.  Household bleach has a pH factor approximately around 12.  It could be diluted way down to become more acidic.  I'm not quite sure of the chemical process that takes place, but sodium hydroxide, the primary ingredient in "lye" relaxers has a pH factor from about 10 to 14.  So maybe its kinda relaxing the hair?  I dunno, just throwin' something out there.

ggirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2006 at 8:07pm
Thanks Chuladi - I'm starting to figure out that hair that is acid washed is not necessarily bad.I've Got It 

If we care about the specific characteristics of the hair then we need to ask spcecific questions. 

BTW - The girl I sold the Chinese Remy Yaki to loves the hair!!! She said it does not tangle at all.  She wants me to stick with Chinese Remy Yaki for her.

kaysirra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Alexis303 Alexis303 wrote:

I also see a lot of ladies doing this bleach rinse thing when their LF tangles.  Isn't this basically an acid wash?  Bleach is very, very acidic.  I would think this must be similar to when a vendor acid washes hair.

Bleach is actually a base, not an acid.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic