Extensions Plus

Forum LockedIS THIS TRUE???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
latin lovexoxo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: IS THIS TRUE???
    Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:48pm

i have been in search of a local lf shop and stylist for a while now. today i found one but the lady that sells and installs them told me that if i wanted her to install  a lf it would be a bad idea since the glue she uses (both tape and liquid) will cause major hair loss to my hairline cuz its a very harsh chemical. she said that lf were mostly for alopecia patients (cuz they have little or no hair) and celebs that can afford to lose hair since they have personal beauticians on payroll.  now i kno you ladies are divas in your own right and ive seen the installs you guys can accomplish but this cant be true, right? i was also told by her that the price for installation was 250 and her ordered wigs were 300 AND i would havta buy 2 packs of some remi hair for her to sew to the back-since its only a lace frontal- really, why so much?....after telling me that, she told me of another shop down the road from her that sells the wigs 50 cheaper than her own!!! why would she do that??? she told me NOT to get a lf (which would make her some $$) but to let her do a full head weave instead for 150!?!...im confused....Confused   what do yall think is up here???

i have an appointment with her next friday so she can see what my hair looks like  and to decide if a lf is right for me.....
Sponsored Links

choclatey77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:59pm
Sounds like you need to watch some youtube video's and find a vendor from here and order a full lace wig. You better not go to her. You get the wig a little bigger so you can attach it in front of your hair line. For 250.00 to attach and 300.00 for the wig you can get 2 or 3 wigs from a cv.
curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:07pm
Cancel your appt with her. She doesn't know what the heck she's talking about. I've been wearing full lace wigs for 10 months now and my hairline is thicker now than it was before I started wearing them. You can buy a flw from a CV, apply it yourself, save the $250 bucks she was gonna charge you and know that it's being done right after you read up on this board some more.

Also, ditto on everything Choc77 said.

Edited by curlygirl11 - Aug 27 2008 at 6:09pm
debreesha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:17pm
She doesn't sound as if she is sure of her skills.  I would not take the chance on her.
MDFLDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:19pm
girl, please canx that appointment.  all you need is some time here on the board to read and read some more.  you can start out with a beater unit (from the for sale section) and practice your application on your own.  it isn't rocket science but you will need to find out what works for you.  every woman on this board will tell you that wearing lfs is not for the faint at heart.  it takes time, patience and most of all money.  nothing in life is free and if you want to look fierce like sister Choclatey and Curlygirl, you got to work at it. 

hell, if all else fails you can get a couple of fine azz stallions (men) and let them pay for your habit. OOPS, i don't want to promote the Pimp Lifestyle at all.  only the best can play that game.

i digress a bit.  chile, just cancel that appointment and get acquainted with the search button!
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:23pm
Girl, you better run from that woman as fast as you can. 
aodiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:45pm
What all of them said!  That lady is cuckoo for cocopuffs Wacko
shelly1lv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:11pm
dido. sounds like she really did not want to do it, its her job to inform you not turn you away so to speak.. if you get a sew in you have to go back to her and that is another $150, if you get the wig she is only going to make money that one time off of you. my hair dresser is kind of pissy cus i told her that im getting LF and she will miss the 150 sew ins. LMBAO
cocominx32 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:22pm
Wow. I would cancel my appointment if I were u.
Tressa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:31pm
WHOA!!   SOMEBODY CALL THE LACEWIG POLICES (not police) POLICEZ . . cause she's on some BULLISH . . .  Ever heard of a CON JOB?  She don't know lace wig app from a can of PAINT.  You better get away getawy fast!!!  My hair is so thick and full from wearing these that I'm gonna look like Eddie Munster ina minnit.  I just don't know what I'm gonna dom because I love these so much . . .point is ladies on this board have all you need...adhesives are trial and error depending on the person . . you need to do some research before you wind up with some jackleg who rend up having you look like this

Edited by Tressa - Aug 27 2008 at 7:34pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic