BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Is this real?? Iggy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:14am
Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there and to clarify, I am not saying that they created those genres(thought it was common knowledge that Blacks did but apparently not) but simply saying that it is common for Yts down there to appreciate and be influenced by Black music. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent and has put in work; Iggy does not have talent. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surroundings and is in a constant state of growth. Iggy does not fit into this category. She is merely a puppet.

Edited by 305bgirl - Jul 08 2014 at 4:00am
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I hate when fake controversy distracts from real problems. She has enough bs coming from her mouth, we don't need to make anything up.
People, unfortunately some Black folk, will still happily support the self-proclaimed "slave master".Thumbs Up

that thumbs up made me laughLOL

Guuuurl! lol. The Black DJs on the radio always sound so happy to play her song. I know they have contracts but damn, could you sound unimpressed just a little bit?LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences betweem living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surrounding and is in a constant state of growth.
cape tighter than Afros wife beaters
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:18am
Justin is married?  *goes to google*

eta: I forgot about Jessica Biel.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 08 2014 at 1:18am
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:23am

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surroundings and is in a constant state of growth. Iggy does not fit into this category. She is merely a puppet.

black and white culture in the south do not blend like you saying it does. white music is bluegrass and country. soul, blues and r&b is from black ppl. if yt doing it then they are appropriating our culture, which is fine to enjoy different genres and cultures but know what it is.

I do see iggy as way more disingenuous than timberlake, she's like a minstrel show spoof. but he aint all gravy either. he also believes the white hype and did not show proper respect to great black artists like prince.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

yall brought up Justin timberlake's "blackness". he's black long enough to get his pockets lined. there wasn't a single black person at his wedding but hes so authentic, right?
*boom*
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences betweem living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surrounding and is in a constant state of growth.
Have you ever been to Memphis? I would find it hard for a vocal artist to grow up in and around Memphis and have no influence from the Black Blues, Rock, Soul and Funk artists. If you have been there and experienced their music scene, then you would agree that he has more than likely had an authentic influence from Black musicians.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I had to look at your screen name and that made it all the more funnier.LOL

Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:46am
Wow, alias and some others are more militant than me....sweet lawd.image
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

black and white culture in the south do not blend like you saying it does. white music is bluegrass and country. soul, blues and r&b is from black ppl. if yt doing it then they are appropriating our culture, which is fine to enjoy different genres and cultures but know what it is.

I do see iggy as way more disingenuous than timberlake, she's like a minstrel show spoof. but he aint all gravy either. he also believes the white hype and did not show proper respect to great black artists like prince.
I never said that those genres were YT genres. I said that they do have a lot of Yt soul singers, etc down there, so Yt people singing like him is not as uncommon down there like some make it. Yt Soul singers and R&B singers have a certain respect for the Black soul, funk and r&b artists before them out there. Yes, of course they have stolen from our culture and I believe that the origins of Bluegrass and Country were from Blacks as well but it's funny that Yt people sold you on the thought that they created it. The point was that those genres are big down there and he has an actual influence from Black culture as do a lot of other Yt R&B singers from there. Alias stated that YT people don't talk like him or sing like him but even Yt country singers use broken English plenty.

Edited by 305bgirl - Jul 08 2014 at 1:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style